East Side News
Week of May 8, 2017
ABC's of Student Success
Below are the ABC's of Student Success. Written by Addie Gaines, principal at Kirbyville (Missouri) Elementary School, these 26 mini-essays emphasize the important role that parents play in the achievement of your child in school.
Congratulations to our 3rd Quarter Perfect attendance recipients. Here every day with no tardies or dismissals!
East Side Fun Day June 7th Rain Date June 9th
NWEA MAP Assessments for the Spring
If you have any questions regarding our school-wide measure, please do not hesitate in contacting your child's teacher. Your child's teacher should let you know when they plan to administer the assessment.between May and June.
D.E.A.R. Planned for June 15
SAVE THE DATE!!!East Side will be planning for another D.E.A.R. (Drop Everything and Read) program for our parents and caregivers. Please come in share and read with your child or a group of children your favorite book! We love having you come in and want to continue to build partnerships with our families.
- 5/5 - 6/2/2017: NWEA Map Testing for K-2 students. (Please ask your child's teacher for more information.)
- 5/8-9/2017: UPK Registration at District Access Center
- 5/9/2017: Parent Volunteer Training 6p.m. East Side Library
- 5/11/2017: Parent Volunteer Training 5:30p.m. East Side Library
- 5/15-19/2017: PTO Book Fair BOGO
- 5/19/2017: 1/2 Day for Students - Staff Development Day Students dismissed-12:10
- 5/23-24/2017: Kindergarten registration fro all non-UPK students
- 5/29/2017: No School Memorial Day
- 6/7/2017: East Side Fun Day at Riverview Par Rain Date 6/9/2017
- 6/15/2017: Family D.E.A.R. starting at 2:30p.m.
- 6/16/2017: No School for Elementary Students
- 6/23/2017: Last Day of School
East Side Elementary School, Gouverneur, NY
We are a Responsive Classroom school, so our belief is that the social and emotional curriculum is just as important as the academic curriculum. We pride ourselves to "Delivering The Promise of A Brighter Future!"
Please visit our Website, Facebook Page and Twitter Feed!