April 7, 2016
A Peek At The Week
The week before Easter was a short week which started with the first day of Spring, a snow day and Good Friday. The children were very busy completing centers and also working very hard to complete our informational books about Penguins. I am so proud of the hard work the students have been doing they are true researchers, authors and illustrators. The “bunny bags” that the students made were missing on Thursday after Art, but fortunately the students found them before they went home. It seems that a big white figure with long ears and a cottontail was seen in room 130! Could it have been the Easter Bunny? The children all said, “YES”!
Monday we had the privilege of having Len Cabral, a renowned storyteller, share several great stories with the students. Mr. Cabral has been at the Mall many times so if you see that he is there in the future, please make every effort to bring your child to share in an exciting story telling experience.
This week we were excited to share our Penguin books at the preview night in the Wakefield Hills library. Tonight we had our Storyteller' Celebration at West Warwick High School Auditorium. The week of April 11-15 we will be celebrating literacy week. If you would like to be a guest reader in our room, please let me know. Remember that reading to your child every night is the most important thing you can do to help your child academically and to promote the love of reading.
Third trimester began last week. In reading we will continue to read grade level text, third trimester sight word list, spelling CVC words, and story structure. In math we will continue with word problems, decomposing numbers to 10, three dimensional shapes and fact fluency to 5. The writing this trimester will be narrative story writing.
Reminders and Suggestions
Reminders and Suggestions
1. Continue to save the General Mills box tops. (With your help we can win again!)
2. Please check the Magic Book every night. Look for school notices and review all daily work.
3. Please send a small snack each day.
4. April 11-15, Literacy Week.
- Monday: TEAM TIMBERWOLF DAY!
- Tuesday: DOUBLE HEADER DAY! (dress to match your best friend)
- Wednesday: BE A TEAM PLAYER!
- Thursday: COVER YOUR BASES (wear your favorite hat)
- Friday: TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME! (create your own MVP uniform)
5. Storyteller’s book on display in the West Warwick Library during spring vacation.
April 18-22, spring vacation
6. A call for supplies: at this time we are in need of tissues, glue sticks, paper napkins and plastic spoons. Thank you in advance for your help.
7. April 14th, Spring Pictures.
8. April 18-22, Spring vacation.