Tuesday's Tech Tip!
TOP SITES FOR A FLIPPED CLASSROOM
A "Flipped Classroom" is a classroom that uses class time to do activities/lessons (guided by the teacher) and "homework" time (at home) for guided instruction (usually through video). Basically, it turns a classroom upside down (or on it's head) where the learning of a topic is done at home and then they applied practice or "work" is done at school. With Mobile Learning and BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) becoming more mainstream, "Flipped Classroom" models are happening more and more, leading me to create my list of favorite tools for "flipping a classroom".
For an excellent info-graphic on what a "Flipped Classroom" is click here.
- 9Slides - A wonderful way for teachers to create an interactive/guided presentation for their students "flipped learning".
- Answer Pad - The ultimate assessment tool for teachers to use w/ their mobile devices or browser to gauge student's learning.
- BoomWriter - A excellent innovative site that allows students engage their creativity by completing chapters of a book/story and then having other students vote on which one should be included in the finished product. Once a book/story is completed a trade paperback copy can be ordered turning students into published writers.
- Knowmia - Is one of the most popular sites/apps for creating and searching for video lessons for students. Simply put, Knowmia is one of the best and easiest ways to "flip a classroom".
- MentorMob - A fantastic site for educators to create guided learning playlists that students can use at home for self learning. One of the best sites around for creating a "Flipped Classroom".
- Nearpod - A terrific all-in-one solution for mobile devices in education. Teachers can use it to create engaging lessons that students can do from home.