Reynolds Family Weekly Newsletter
September 19, 2021
Starting this week we will be giving a glimpse into each classroom by grade level. We will begin with our Tk and Kindergarten classrooms. Our amazing Tk and Kindergarten students are demonstrating how to be active learners and participants.
Mrs. Liliana Gordon-Gonzalez, Principal
Mrs. Berlinda Akao, Assistant Principal
School Site Council Members
The following parents/guardians were your elected members of this year's SSC
Erica Briggs, Dora Jaramillo, Desirae Metoyer, Oscar Salinas, Brenda Cruz.
Arrival and Dismissal Volunteers
We are looking for volunteers to help with arrival and dismissal. Volunteers would support our staff with helping students in/out of cars and with traffic flow.
If you are interested please let the office know.
Title 1 Parent Informational Meeting
Here is the Zoom link if you would like to attend.
Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81996558074?pwd=ZTZ1cjFrVVVubWNjRnlaUTBrUmZNdz09 Meeting ID: 819 9655 8074 Passcode: 818918
Hello Reynolds Family,
We have been invited to participate in an amazing county-wide project to set a new Guinness World Record by creating 110+ miles of inspirational paperchain. Using recycled/reused paper students will write a message of love and hope for the world. Reynolds Elementary has committed to creating a ¼ mile inspirational paperchain. To accomplish this goal, we are asking each student to make 9 Love Links.
We have about a month and a half to accomplish this goal. I am asking families if they have any recycled paper, cereal boxes, or paper bags if they can drop them off at the front office. We will have a team that will be cutting out Love Links for students to decorate.
We will be meeting on November 13th at Carlsbad state beach to attempt to break the Guinness World Record. Students and families are invited to this event. More information regarding the event will be provided at a later time.
Attached you will find a flyer for more info and how to create Love Links.
I am also adding my Counselor Corner flyer.
Have a nice Sunday.
Makeup Picture Day
- Thursday, September 23
Frequently Asked Questions about devices
This document will be continuously updated with new questions/information.
Car Arrival and Dismissal
Arrival Reminders ALL Grades:
- Please drive up all the way up to drop off your student
- Please stay in your car as you drop off your student
- All parents stay in car lane to drop off your student and DO NOT cut off other cars in line or double park to get out and walk your child
Dismissal Reminders :
- Please drive up all the way up as staff will escort your student toward your car
- Please do not double park and ask your student to cross in between cars
- Please keep the line moving; your child will walk to your car
Back gate is open during arrival and dismissal.
Thank you for your continued patience during arrival and dismissal for the safety of our students.
- Follow the Quarantine Guidelines
- Please monitor your student for COVID-19 symptoms daily prior to bringing/sending them to school.
- Please see the guideline on what to do if your child is sick.
COVID-19 Testing - Flyer
Register for your test and sign up for secure access to your results within 24-48 hours using the link: https://oside.testscheduler.net/register
Testing is voluntary. OUSD provides free COVID-19 testing to students and staff at the following locations, days, and times:
- Oceanside HS & El Camino HS: Mondays & Thursdays, 8:00am-3:00pm
- Libby Elementary & ESS Office (2080 Mission Ave.): Mondays & Thursdays, 9:30am-4:00pm
Questions about testing please call 760-966-4081
- Our gates will open at 7:45 am and the bell rings at 8:15 am
- Only students will be allowed to enter the school gates.
- All students and staff must wear a mask while indoors and upon entering the school.
- All students are eligible to receive free breakfast and lunch.
- Please send a reusable water bottle with your child.
- Wednesdays are minimum days. Students in K- 5th grades are dismissed at 12:25 pm.
- Tk students are dismissed at 11:35 a.m. everyday
Dates to Remember
9/23 Picture Makeup Day
10/8-10/15 Virtual Parent Conferences--- Minimum Days
Visitors on Campus
Visitors on Campus Protocols in place until updated CDPH Guidance Expected: November 1, 2021
We are striving to protect our children and community from illness and provide full time in person instruction. In order to do this we are following the CDPH guidelines.