Southwest Early Childhood Center
2015 National School of Character
Southwest Early Childhood Center
- Shout out to Sherrill for also cleaning all the sidewalks and everything else this!
- Brenda for helping Penserum with the copy machine! ~Penserum
- Sherrill and Crystal for all of the hard work they do at night that no ones sees.~Sasha
Nuts and Bolts
- Final Verdict on the gate is as follows:
1. From the hours of 9:15-3:40 the back gate may not be used. It can however be used in the morning before 9:15 and also after 3:40. Wilde's crew will check the gate when they head out to recess however to ensure the safety of all it is the responsibility of each classroom to check before letting the kids out on the playground. 2. If anyone finds that the gate is open during the day, please let me know immediately so that I can view the camera to determine what happened. Just shoot me an email. Thank you everyone for being willing to do what is best for ALL kids and thank you for all the suggestions emailed.
Our FREE JEANS DAY that we earned by completing the district survey will be on February 2nd. Please wear jeans with your red Southwest t-shirt.
- We will be having a Snack Day on Tuesday, February 9th, in the teacher lounge, if you would like to participate and enjoy some yummy snacks throughout the day.
The Technology Committee has created a "Tech Tips" file on the drive. It has a google docs help page to give information about how to use shared files, a document for staff to put tech questions in or ideas for tech training and a document for staff to add recommended iPad apps. The following link will take you to this helpful "trouble Shooting" page:
February 8, 9, 10, 11
March 7, 8, 10, 11
April 4, 5, 6, 7
- Free Stuff for use in classrooms will be put on a cart by the stairwell next to the elevator. The items will be kept there until Wednesday and then the items will be tossed after that.
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES AND KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION:
Based off of parent teacher conferences being missed due to kindergarten registration last year, we are going to try something different this year. We are asking all aides to take a 30 minute shift in the drop in and play to watch the children of our families who are registering for kindergarten. This will allow the process to go smoother (fasting completion of K-registration materials and families will be able to keep their appointments). If you get to the DIP and see that there are no kids just divide up the time and check back in with your team. We don't want people just standing around but also want to be prepared if we have lots of kids. Again, if you have an issue with this schedule, please email Sarah and I.Tuesday
3:45-4:15 (Tatyana, Haynes, Sondra)
4:15-5:15 (Anna V., Rackers, Sue W.)
4:45-5:15 (Valerie, Eiden, Tinsman)
5:15-5:45 (Donna, Kati S., Paula S.)
5:45-6:15 (Brice, Julie W., Knoll)
6:15-6:45 (Porter, Riley, Scheutz)
6:45-7:15 (Haynes, Anthony, Bunch)
7:15-7:45 (Yates, Anna V.)
7:45-8:15 (Proebsting, Langston)
3:45-4:15 (Tatyana, Donna, Kati S.)
4:15-5:15 (Valerie, Eiden, Tinsman)
4:45-5:15 (Brice, Twana)
5:15-5:45 (Wingate, Knoll, Porter)
5:45-6:15 (Riley, Sondra, Haynes)
6:15-6:45 (Anthony, Bunch, Yates)
6:45-7:15 (Donna, Paula S.)
7:15-7:45 (Tinsman, Porter)