What Happened this Week?
• Our science experiments are in action. The kids have enjoyed watching our plants grow in all different conditions. The most interesting plant is the bean plant growing in the shoebox! Ask your child about why the shoebox is so interesting.
• During reading, our lessons focused on the 5 Ws. Who?, Where?, Why? What? and When? We read more Henry and Mudge looking for the 5 Ws.
• The children listened to Chrysanthemum this week. After listening to the story, we read a Scholastic News all about this great author. The kids were surprised to learn all of the steps it takes to publish a book.
• During science time, we learned about the different parts of a plant and reviewed what a plants needs, and we talked about why plants have flowers. The kids performed a reader's theater about plants. This was lots of fun!
• Timur did an excellent job as our first Top Gardner!
• Several children earned SOAR awards this week!
What about next week?
• The kids will get to meet with their 4th grade buddies next Friday.
• During science time, the kids will learn about pollination and pollinators.
• Math classes will continue to focus on measurement.
• The children will learn about two different word work centers that they will visit during daily 5.
• Anastasia will be our Top Gardner!
• Our snack list has been refined. All veggies, fruit, apple sauce,and cheese sticks are fine. Pretzels, Original Goldfish, and Original Cheddar Goldfish can now come in a plastic baggie.
• Please send in a family picture if you haven't already.
• All students need a pair of headphones for various computer activities throughout the year.
• We started working in our portfolios. Therefore, please send in a binder with plastic sleeves as soon as possible.
• The PTO is collecting $7.00 for parties. I am collecting the money at school.
• Please help your child go through their red folder each night. At this time, please review their Quality Behavior Rubric.
• Library books are due on Wednesdays.
• Don't forget to have your child visit Raz Kids at least once a week. Ray Kids logins are in their red folder.