Growing Organic Monsoon Vegetables
Learn the basics of growing vegetables in the monsoons
Wondering which vegetables you can grow this monsoon?
Green Essentials is pleased to announce a workshop on Growing Organic Monsoon Vegetables - on Sunday, 18th May, at the International Centre Goa, Dona Paula. Conducted in partnership with the International Centre Goa, this is a Live Working Workshop where participants and faculty will work together to set up a monsoon kitchen garden patch for a varied set of organic vegetables.
The objective with this workshop is to provide participants with a detailed, first-hand practical experience of what needs to be done, along with tips to ensure protection from pests and obtain better yields. In this garden we are planning to grow Brinjal, Gourds, Beans, Pumpkins, Bhende, Corn and more…
Also: Monsoon vegetable seeds available for sale
What You'll Learn
- What vegetables can grow in the Monsoon (and what can’t)
- What’s planted directly and what can be transplanted
- How to create a monsoon nursery of vegetable saplings
- How to ensure that your soil (in pots or beds) is well prepared
- How to space out your plants for better productivity
- How to manage common pests organically