Spur-i Pepper Class News
Week of January 20th
Today is Report Card and Assessment Report Day!
Earbuds/Headphones for your child
This week our learning targets are...
- Math: I can round whole numbers through the hundred thousands. PACE: I can round decimals to the nearest tenths and hundredths.
- Writing: I can use a revising checklist and an editing checklist to make improvements to my writing.
- Reading: I can summarize a the main idea and supporting details in texts that I read, and I can distinguish fact from opinion.
- Social Studies: I can summarize motivations for European exploration and settlement of Texas, including economic opportunity, competition, and the desire for expansion.
- Science: We will begin our next unit of study this week - Changing Earth. In this unit we will notice patterns in many systems around us, including weather patterns and patterns with the moon.
When: Friday February 13th
Students will need to bring a box, bag, or other container to collect cards they receive.
Spuri Pepper names for addressing cards:
1/21 Report Cards go home - Bring your data binders and journals back Thursday :)
1/22 Fine Arts Night 5-7
1/23 Classroom Read In
2/2-2/3 No School
2/13 Class Valentine's Party 10:15-11:15
2/17 2nd visit to the Blanton Museum of Art
Follow our Class on Twitter!
If you do not have a Twitter account you can still follow us via text!
Send Follow @torresteaches to 40404