This week I have spent a lot of time working individually with children. I have been assessing them on what I have taught third quarter. Checking your child's reading level and how many high frequency words he/she can recall are just some of the things I have been assessing.
Our focus today was on "endings" to our nonfiction stories. I also call them "wrap ups". The children did some sharing of their introductions and endings to their stories. The children then gave suggestions on how to make these two elements even better.
Today we took a "place value" assessment.
Tonight's Table Talk
1. Ask your child if they gave you the field trip permission slip. They came home yesterday and are due tomorrow. I received a few today.
2. Discuss whether or not you are coming to "If You Give A Panther A Book..." night tomorrow night from 5:30-7:00.
1. No school next Friday the 14th. Teacher PD day.
2. Academic Showcase Night "If You GIve A Panther A Good Book..." this Thursday March 13th from 5:30-7:00. "Book Fair" will be there!
3. Spring Break March 14-21st.
4. Field trip to Shawnee Mission Animal Lab March 31st. Permission slips due tomorrow.