PHS Media Center
PLAINFIELD HIGH SCHOOL MEDIA CENTER NEWSLETTER
Back to School 2019
Student & Parents
Media Center Information
- Hours: 7:45 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Student Technology HelpDesk located in media center (during class periods)
- Book/Magazine Checkouts - 3 weeks
- Student printer/copier located in the media center
- Media Center Website - research databases, library catalog, ebooks, Indianapolis Star, USA Today, magazines and online resources
- Reading Club
- MakerSpaces Club
Teens' Top Ten
Teens' Top Ten - Voting is now open!
YALSA (Young Adult Library Services Association) announced that the 2019 Teens’ Top Ten voting will open August 12th through the end of Teen Read Week on Oct 12. Teens can vote for their 3 favorite titles from our list of nominees! Check out and share the nominees video and encourage your teens to vote!
Visit Teen Read Week at: http://www.ala.org/yalsa/teenstopten
Banning Books Silences Stories
Banned Books Week: September 22-28, 2019
Banned Books Week is an annual event celebrating the freedom to read. Banned Books Week was launched in 1982 in response to a sudden surge in the number of challenges to books in schools, bookstores and libraries. This annual event highlights the value of free and open access to information. Banned Books Week brings together the entire book community — librarians, booksellers, publishers, journalists, teachers, and readers of all types — in shared support of the freedom to seek and to express ideas.
Banned Books Week 2018 will be held September 22 - 28. The 2019 theme, “Censorship leaves us in the dark; Keep the light on,” is a reminder that everyone needs to speak out against the tide of censorship.
“About Banned Books Week.” Banned Books Week, www.bannedbooksweek.org/about.
TEEN READ MONTH - OCTOBER 2019
Goal(s) for the 2019-2020 School Year
1. Working with teachers on co-teaching/individualized instruction of students in the media center learning environment.
2. Maintain an inviting learning environment that promotes individual learning with 1:1 technology.
* The PHS Media Center Goals were developed by consulting with students and staff members.