Golden View Science Expo 2016
A FUN evening for the entire family!
- Mini Exploratorium. Have fun interacting with our hands-on projects created by Golden View students and families.
- Science Projects. Enjoy viewing the wonderful and interesting projects created by our 4th and 5th grade students. Project categories include: Scientific Method Projects, Engineering Projects, and our competitive Tech Challenge Projects. http://gvscienceexpo2016.weebly.com
- Liquid Nitrogen. Come learn all about Liquid Nitrogen from Neal Schinske's interesting presentation! It promises to be very cool!
Event Schedule for Thursday, March 31
- 8:10-8:35 am Students bring Science Snack exhibits to the MPR, check in and set up
- 3-5 pm Students bring Science Snack exhibits to the MPR, check in and set up
- 6:30-8:30 pm Science Expo!
- 7:15-7:45 pm Liquid Nitrogen presentation by Neal Schinske
- 7:45 pm Tech Challenge winners announced!
- 8-8:30 pm Break down and clean up
Science Expo Testing Schedule
Monday: 4th Grade Earthquake-Safe Structure Testing - Bring Structure Only
Tuesday: 5th Grade Earthquake-Safe Structure Testing - Bring Structure Only
Wednesday: Tech Challenge Presentations - Bring Structure and Journal
Thursday: Engineering Project Presentations - Bring Model, Board, & Journal
Students bring their materials to their classrooms the morning of their structure testing or presentation.
Parent Help Still Needed!
Judging Science Expo Presentations
- Wednesday, 3/30 9:15 - 10:45 am
- Wednesday, 3/30 10:45 am - 12:15 pm
- Thursday, 3/31 10:00 - 11:00 am
- Thursday, 3/31 11:00 am - 12:15 pm
Mini Exploratorium Science Snack Instructions
- Thank you to those who have volunteered to put together a science snack!
- Use the detailed instructions on our Science Expo website and the photos below as a guide when putting your project together. http://gvscienceexpo2016.weebly.com/mini-exploratorium.html
- Remember: You need to provide the necessary steps and materials for a person to interact independently with your activity at our Science Expo.
- Please drop off your completed board and materials before or after school on Thursday, March 31. Take your board and materials home at the end of the Science Expo.
Hide answers to questions to give people a chance to figure it out
What's Going On and any helpful definitions
Pictures of you building, experimenting or having fun with your exhibit!