2016-2017 LVES Weekly Parent Newsletter
May 25th, 2017 - Issue #36
Golden Ticket Winners
We did it! We not only met our goal, we exceeded it! Our students earned 6200 Golden Tickets by May 22nd, so they were rewarded with a movie! Way to go Vikings!
Final Grade Level Totals:
- Kindergarten: 1750 Golden Tickets
- 1st Grade: 1500 Golden Tickets
- 2nd Grade: 1350 Golden Tickets
- 3rd Grade: 1600 Golden Tickets
We will continue Golden Tickets in the 2017-2018 school year to recognize Vikings who display safe, respectful, responsible behavior.
FINAL REPORT CARDS WENT HOME TODAY IN FRIDAY FOLDERS!
LVES Summer Office Hours
LVIS Parent Information Meeting
August Dates to Remember
- August 10th: New Family Orientation, 6:00-7:00 pm, LVES Cafeteria (for all new to LVES/LVISD parents)
- August 11th: Kinder Camp, 9:00-11:00 am, see details below on this exciting morning for incoming Kindergarten students
- August 17th: Meet the Teacher Night, 5:00-6:30 - please note the change in time to accommodate families that need to attend LVIS Meet the Teacher Night at 6:30.
- August 22nd: First Day of School, school starts at 7:45 am
Your child will find out his/her teacher for the 2017-2018 school year when teachers mail home postcards the week of Meet The Teacher Night. Class assignments will not be given out prior to 5:00 pm on August 17th.
School Supply Orders
School ID: LAG001
All school supplies ordered will be ready for pick up at Meet The Teacher Night in August. The money raised from school supplies goes directly back into the classrooms to help fulfill teacher wish list items.
Lago Vista Intermediate School Supply Order
Click on the following link using code: LAG018 (3 letters and 3 numbers)
All pre-ordered school supplies will be delivered to students at the beginning of the school year in August.
Lago Vista ISD Education Foundation
- Mrs. Simons - STEM materials for 1st grade
- Kindergarten - hands-on manipulatives for early numeracy
- LVES - new books for our Guided Reading Library
The LVISDEF need your support to continue funding grants that have a direct impact on the students in LVISD. Here are some ways to support the foundation:
LVISDEF Facebook Page:
The LVISDEF is hosting a June Jamboree, and our very own Janna Oliver will be performing with her band The Sticky Notes. There is still time to purchase tickets to this awesome event. Go the the LVISDEF Facebook page for more information, or click on the second link to purchase tickets. You won't want to miss this event!
The LVISDEF Facebook June Jamboree Post:
To purchase tickets:
Weekly Attendance Goal
- 94.49% - We increased our attendance percentage for the last week of school, but still did not reach our goal of 97%. We will continue to report weekly attendance next year in our newsletter.
Grade level attendance percentages for week ending May 24th:
- Kindergarten: 93.60%
- 1st Grade: 94.89%
- 2nd Grade: 96.17%
- 3rd Grade: 93.48%
Christine Harris, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Veronica Fidencio, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Amy Sexton, Counselor
Kimberly Latham-Whitehead, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Eric Holt, Assistant Principal
Mark Your Calendars...
- June 2nd: June Jamboree, 5:00-10:00 pm at K-Oaks
- June 10th: LVISD New Student Registration Day, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm at LVMS
- June 5th-15th: Summer School - Session 1, 8:30-11:30 am
- July 31st-Aug. 10th - Summer School - Session 2, 8:30-11:30 am
- August 8th: LVIS Parent Information Meeting, 6:00-7:00 pm, LVMS Cafeteria
- August 10th: New Family Orientation, 6:00 pm in cafeteria
- August 11th: Kinder Camp, 9:00-11:00 am
- August 17th: Meet The Teacher Night, 5:00 - 6:30 pm
- August 22nd: First Day of School, 7:45 am