Sales Coordinator Program
Hello Sales Professionals!
Welcome to the Rite-Hite family. All of us at Rite-Hite are eager to see you and to kick off your 13 Week Sales Development Experience. Below, you will find details, instructions and answers to frequently asked questions which will guide you through arrival and kick off. We've also included some "high level" information on the Program, which we will review in more detail when you arrive.
Should you have additional questions, please feel free to reach out to Chad Dillavou (414-779-1423).
Welcome to your new CAREER! It's going to be a very fulfilling ride!
In one of the best "life" quotes ever delivered in a major motion picture, Yoda sums up how Rite-Hite has designed the 13 Week Sales Coordinator Training Program. "Do, or do not."
More accurately for us, "Do. Or do not learn."
Statistics show that doing creates learning. Not just watching, not just listening and certainly not just sitting in a conference room watching and listening to a "Death By PowerPoint" presentation. Facilitated from the Corporate Headquarters in Milwaukee, WI, the Sales Coordinator Program relies heavily on your self directed, self motivated learning. In simple terms, the Program relies on YOU DOING.
From day one, you are encouraged to embrace your new CAREER and to play an active role in building the foundation for your future by doing.
Effort too, is an integral part of growth and development and we recognize effort at every turn. In the end however, one either gets the order or they do not. Do, or do not.
Thirteen weeks will fly by quickly. When you arrive, please help to ensure that you are ready to DO!
- Effectively describe, plan for and execute "full day" target activities
- Effectively use Rite Here to Prospect "on the fly" and support daily activities
- Present and execute a Territory Business plan for a personal territory
- Request and set up a professional appointment with predetermined goals and objectives
- Identify Global/Strategic Accounts and effectively execute "best practices" to prepare for each sales call
- Discover and address customer needs
- Present Rite-Hite, the local Distributor and PMP professionally and efficiently
- Present each of Rite-Hite's four Marketing Platforms and describe key statistics and concepts of each while drawing from strategic support material
- Describe how the products within Rite-Hite's "Full Product Breadth" fit into the Marketing Platforms and how many products cross Platforms
- Describe how the products within Rite-Hite's Full Product Breadth "work"
- Present/Demonstrate, for their sales role, each of the products within Rite-Hite's Full Product Breadth
- Conduct conversations with customers that competitors can not
- Effectively navigate and use NXTGEN to support sales call objectives
- Effectively navigate and use the Rite-Hite Suite of Apps to support sales call objectives and selling Rite-Hite's Full Product Breadth
- Define key "go to" resources, both internal and external, who support Rite-Hite's Full Product Breadth
- Create effective Quote Worksheets, Proposals and Orders for Rite-Hite's Full Product Breadth
- Write a professional, meaningful thank-you/follow up
Upon arrival in Milwaukee, you should be equipped with:
- Functional, company email address
- Company owned laptop, with complete installation and fully tested Rite-Hite required Lotus Notes applications
- Company owned iPad, with complete AirWatch installation and fully loaded Rite-Hite app library
- Company owned/provided mobile phone
Additionally, it is recommend that each Sales Coordinator spend a few weeks working out of their home District before arriving in Milwaukee. Occasionally, other Districts or Reps may be used to support these efforts.
- Sales Calls with future Sales Partner
- Sales Calls with other established Sales Performers
- Service Truck Ride-A-Longs
For those driving in, hotel check-in accommodations will need to be confirmed with Travel Rite.
For those arriving by plane, in addition to the hotel check-in, flights and shuttles to the hotel will be arranged through Travel Rite.
Please contact Bonnie Waskiewicz (414-973-3689) or Amy Serio (414-973-3690) at Travel Rite to arrange the travel or to answer any travel related questions.
Please keep track of mileage (if driving) and travel expenses while traveling to and from Milwaukee as these charges can be expensed.
924 East Juneau Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53202
1-800-558-0200 or 1-414-271-4220
The furnished "studio apartment" style rooms are located in a socially active part of the city with ample access to the night life and fun offered by the city.
A short 20 - 30 commute is required to Rite-Hite and must be arranged by the participants.
Hotel charges will be direct billed to Rite-Hite and charged back to your organization.
Monday: Suit Up! We start each week on a professional note.
Tuesday - Friday: Business casual. Keep it professional (slacks/skirts and collared shirt), but feel free to loosen up a little.
Friday: Charity casual. If you pay $1 (donated to charity), you can wear jeans (no rips, holes, tears or frays) and a collared shirt. No tennis shoes or sandals please.
The Sales Coordinator Program will have a soft launch at noon. Please eat lunch BEFORE the kickoff. The location is to be determined.
12:00 >> Sam Rushing, a representative from the Milwaukee Dale Carnegie franchise, will introduce you to the investment that each of your organization's are making in YOUR future and how YOU can maximize that investment.
13:00 >> Following the hour long introduction, Sam will introduce you to a small team building exercise. Please have a couple of vehicles at the ready. It will be a fun afternoon of team building and getting to know your temporary home.
16:00 + >> Later in the day, please play on an early dinner.
Thursday, January 21, 2015
Like any "first day at work" we have some housekeeping that must be addressed. Please work with your colleagues to provide transportation for all 8 participants to be at the Corporate Office by 8:00. Remember, as a Rite-Hite Rep if you are not 10 minutes early, you are late.
While somewhat fluid, our agenda for Thursday is roughly shaped like this:
09:00 Corporate Meet & Greet
09:30 Corporate Tour
10:00 Week 1, 2, 3 Overview
12:00 Welcome Luncheon
13:00 Laptop Setup and Brief Overview
15:00 HR Overview
17:00 Welcome Reception (TBD)
Friday, January 22, 2015
Today we officially kick off The Program with two foundation building workshops. To clear our minds and minimize distractions, we will "retreat" to the Milwakee Art Museum.
07:45 Depart The Astor for the Milwaukee Art Museum
08:15 Go-Giver Workshop
11:00 One Word Workshop / Lunch
14:30 Why Week Assignments
16:30 Program Q&A
17:30 Keep it open! TBD
The 13 Week Program
One Word Workshop
One Word that will change your life is a powerful book by Dan Britton, Jimmy Page (no not that Jimmy Page) and Jon Gordon whereby the reader is challenged to create ONE WORD that will create a laser like focus for the upcoming year. Participants will read the book individually and be challenged with the task of creating the GROUP'S One Word for the 13 Week Program
Based on the best selling book of the same name, authors Bob Burg and John David Mann have created a modern day parable to describe how putting other's interests first and continually adding value to their lives can ultimately lead to unexpected success. Throughout the 13 week course we dive into various "lessons" centered around the The Five Laws of Stratospheric Success revealed in the book:
- The Law of Value
- The Law of Compensation
- The Law of Influence
- The Law of Authenticity
- The Law of Receptivity
Fish! Philosophy Workshop
The Fish! Philosophy, modeled after the Pike Place Fish Market, is a technique to make individuals alert and active in the workplace. Based on the documentary film and book by John Christensen, this philosophy emphasizes four interconnected practices which work to improve organizational culture:
- Choose Your Attitude
- Be There
- Make Someone's Day
Book Reviews / Reports
Go-Givers Sell More applies the Go-Giver's Five Laws of Stratospheric Success directly to the sales process and is an instrumental tool in developing deep dives into this process but interpersonal relationships as well.
How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling by Frank Bettger is a timeless sales classic and is often times required reading for everyone in the Program.
Other titles (Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, I Dare You, Whoever Tells the Best Story Wins, and others) may be selected throughout the Program.
The Dale Carnegie Course
Program participants attend The world famous Dale Carnegie Course, one of the only organizational communication training programs that is proven to increase effectiveness by boosting engagement levels.
Participants will be able to:
- Strengthen interpersonal relationships
- Manage stress and handle fast-changing workplace conditions
- Develop effective communication skills
- Perform as a persuasive communicator, problem-solver and focused leader
- Develop a take-charge attitude to initiate with confidence and enthusiasm
Rite-Hite 5 Star Sales Academy
Program participants will complete a bonafide Star 1 and Star 2 session, as well as modified Star 5 session.
Within these programs, participants will visit:
- Rite-Hite Corporate Headquarters
- Rite-Hite Horn Lake, MS
- Rite-Hite Dubuque, IA
- Rite-Hite Peosta, IA
- Rite-Hite Technical Training Center
Usually in the later half of the Program, participants will return to their "home" territories for a week. While the schedule is left to be defined by the Sales Manager / Principal, events should include:
- Securing residence for Program completion
- Sales Calls with future Sales Partner
- Sales Calls with other established Sales Performers
- Territory Business Planning with Sales Manager
- Review of Program to date with Sales Manager
In addition to having access to multiple social opportunities, each Sales Coordinator Class is given the opportunity to have a "private" dinner with the President of Rite-Hite, the President of Distribution and each Material Handling Group President.
Individual and Group Development Standards
As part of the "doing", participants are responsible for working individually and as a team to schedule and complete training standards while in Milwaukee. These standards include a majority of the meetings and sessions the group needs to schedule with various Rite-Hite Resources as well as the individual "sign-offs" that must be achieved while in Milwaukee and total in excess of 300 hours of training.
Too long to list here, each Operating Company has created an outline of "appointments" that must be secured. Topic specific, the content of these appointments ranges from shadowing a CSR, to product introductions to deeper application sessions and the like.
Each participant is partnered with a Rite-Hite mentor with whom they are required to schedule time every other week. The conversations can be formal and work related or casual in nature. The key is that they have someone to go to within the organization who can be a resource, a sounding board and a support mechanism.