Mark Hess, Andy Jackson, Julie Petersen, Jen Reinhardt
Presidential Youth Fitness Program (PYFP)
The Presidential Youth Fitness Program is a free program developed to ensure what happens before, during, and after the fitness assessment is beneficial for students and teachers and leads to youth who are active for life.
PYFP provides a model for fitness education within a comprehensive, quality physical education program. The program provides resources and tools for physical educators to enhance their fitness education process. This includes:
- FITNESSGRAM® health-related fitness assessment
- Instructional strategies to promote student physical activity and fitness
- Communication tools to help physical educators increase awareness about their work in the classroom
- Options to recognize fitness and physical activity achievements
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How are lockers assigned?
2. What should students wear?