Digital Media and Your Brain
digital media actually designed to get you hooked?
think about the ways different digital media does -- and does not -- help us find healthy media balance.
Teen Voices: The Pressure to Stay Connected
#2. Create your own JamBoard
Use a Jam to answer the questions below explaining your ideas and opinions.
How does social media use addictive design like feedback loops to get and keep your attention?
- Likes, dislikes, or other ratings
- The ability to share pictures and see other peoples' pictures
- Videos with autoplay features
#3. Compare and Contrast: Addictive Design Vs. Humane Design
Use Google Slides to create a Venn Diagram to compare and contrast these two topics.
- use this worksheet (from Common Sense.org) to help you in your thinking.
- page two- directions for comparing and thinking about one app or website you use frequently.
Making the Diagram
- You will need a blank slide
- add in your circles- using: insert --> shape--> circle
- hold "shift" will making your circles to get the perfect circle.
- overlap enough to be able to insert text
- Text boxes- use the icon or insert --> text
Choose good fonts and color choices.
Format the circles to be able to see the borders and border color.