Third Grade News
- 6/6 - Dress Down (Sam bday treat)
- 6/7 - Dress Down, Multiplication sundae celebration (bring a beach towel)
- 6/8 - Last Day of School - Noon Dismissal - PAC Pool Party - Brunch & PJ Party 10:30am! (see signup genius link below)
- 6/9 - Teacher In-Service - Report Cards will be emailed home
- 6/13 - Summer Camp Starts
- 8/29 - First Day of 4th Grade!
Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge!
Our class has signed up to participate in the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge, a free online reading program that invites children to log their reading minutes all summer. The goal is for the students in our school to read the most minutes possible in an effort to win “Best in State” recognition and a mention in the Scholastic Book of World Records. With your help, we can do it.
I’m excited to share that the theme of this year’s program is Be a Reading Superhero; as kids log their reading minutes throughout the 18 weeks of summer, they will unlock stories from some of their favorite authors. Plus, throughout the summer, kids will earn digital rewards and learn about great new books to read. You’ll also find daily tips, book lists, and a new “Ask the Experts” book recommendation feature for parents on the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge website.
The fun begins on May 9, 2016, and ends on September 9, 2016!
I invite you to learn more about the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge at www.scholastic.com/summer. If your child forgot his or her summer reading username, please contact me directly or contact Scholastic at 1-800-SCHOLASTIC or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a wonderful summer!