November 2, 2022
From the Desk of Principal Roberts
Here are a few reminders of our upcoming events!
- Monday, November 7th - Friday, November 11th - Book Fair Week
- Monday, November 7th: STEM NIGHT - Come join us for a night with fun stem activities and math games with an opportunity to shop at the book fair too ( 5:30 - 7:00). It promises to be an awesome event!
- Wednesday, November 9th - THANKSGIVING PICNIC during lunchtimes
- Friday, November 11th - Annual Veteran's Day Assembly; Please invite anyone from your family or neighbors to come to our Veteran's Day Assembly so that we can honor our Veterans in a very special way. See the invitation below.
Thanksgiving Family Picnic and Book Fair - IMPORTANT INFO
- November 7th - November 11th: Book Fair Week
- November 7th: STEM night (5:30 - 7:00)
- November 8th: Student Holiday - Remember to vote!
- November 9th: Thanksgiving Picnic Lunch during regular lunchtimes
- November 11th: Veteran's Day Assembly at 8:00
- November 21st - November 25th: Thanksgiving Break
Counselor's Connection with Mrs. Woehl
Month of November/December
Counseling Lesson Topic for November/December
Topic: Learning about Disabilities and Inclusion
All students will learn about ability and disability and the importance of inclusion of people with disabilities. We will be working on building student’s understanding and empathy regarding this aspect of identity with a focus on equity, inclusion and diversity!
Mental Health Check In
How to Help Boost Your Child’s Mental Health
There are practices you can adopt to elevate your mood, become more resilient, and enjoy life more. But just as it requires effort to build and maintain physical health, it’s the same with mental health!
Here are some helpful strategies:
Make it a priority for your kids to play with friends outside of school, especially face-to-face
Keep them active
Practice mindfulness as a family
Eat a brain-healthy diet
Make sure they are getting at least 8-9 hours of sleep during the week
Set a consistent home routine
Help your kids think of things they are grateful for
Resource of the Month