October 21, 2019
Champions Together Trainings Update
- Becoming part of Champions Together does not necessarily mean your students have to "compete" against other schools?
- Team sports are not a requirement, either. You can begin with Unified PE or a fitness club within your school. The picture at right is from Brownsburg's biking club.
- Special Olympics has a new point person to work with Champions Together in the Middle, Tori Cox. Tori is reaching out to some of our schools with explanations and opportunities to learn more about the program.
- An important feature of the program is that it is student-led, student-empowered.
- AMLE just featured this article about a middle school in Minnesota and how Champions made them a part of the "Inclusion Revolution." We feel that our Champions participants in Indiana would also be worthy of being featured!
- We now have trainings scheduled at Brownsburg East, Rochester, Lowell, and South Ripley. If you are interested in participating, even if these dates (listed below in the calendar) will not work, or if you have any questions, please contact Tori.
Why is Middle School So Hard for So Many People?
Teaming in the Middle School: Three Different Approaches
Free Program with Author Richard Louv, November 1 at Clowes Hall
Great Math Resources
BTW, if you are attending any of the math (or other) meetings held at IASP, you can look for our office just to the left of the conference entrance door to see if we are in!
Masterpieces at the Manor: An Evening with Rita Spalding
THIS WEEK'S INSPIRE3 UPDATE
Highlights included in Update: Thank You for sharing these Updates with your staff. (Also see download below.)
New Spotlight on Service-Learning Article - Service Learning Has Class - In this article you will read how service-learning can be incorporated into your school day in many forms
Check out Snapshots of Service-learning stories here
LTG lessons and projects for October National Disabilities Awareness Month and National Bullying Prevention Month
LTG Lessons to help “Build a Caring and Inclusive Classroom
generationOn Website October Theme – Diversity and Inclusion – Projects/Resources
Visit our INSPIRE3 page here : Connect with us, mini-grants available, and contact us for free on site PD or interest in a regional service-learning workshop
October 28: How to Talk EdTech with Parents Webinar, 5 pm ET
October 28: Corwin Webinar, "What's Deep about Deep Learning?" 6:30 pm ET
October 28-November 2: Online Teacher Success Summit
October 29: Champions Together Training, Brownsburg East MS, 9:30-11:30 am EDT
October 29: Center for Teaching Quality Free Webinar on Microcredentials 101, 2 pm ET
October 31: TechPoint STEM Grants Due
November 1: Author Richard Louv, Butler University, 6 pm ET (free tickets required)
November 6: Champions Together Training at South Ripley, 9:30-11:30 am ET
November 7-9: AMLE Annual Conference, Nashville, TN
November 12: Champions Together Training, Rochester MS, 9:30-11:30 am ET
November 13: Champions Together Training at Lowell MS, 9:30-11:30 CST
November 13: Workshop with Artist Rita Spalding, Children's Museum, 6-8 pm ET
That's All for Now!
We are now sending the Monday Minute to members only, but we invite you to forward it to anyone who might be interested. You can also access it via this link on our webpage, and you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter.