Peek at the Week
Week of August 30, 2021
Monday, Aug. 30
Tuesday, Aug. 31
Wednesday, Sept. 1
- 8:50 - 9:20 am - Crew Meeting ( this is a mixed grade level group of about 14-16 students. The Crew is lead by a certified teacher, also known as a Crew Captain)
Thursday, Sept. 2
Friday, Sept. 3
- 8:50 am - Virtual Pep Rally
Monday, Sept. 6
- NO SCHOOL - Labor Day
Miss Snavely - 2nd Grade Teacher
Mrs. Moffitt - Paraprofessional
Mrs. Waldrip - Health Clerk
We recently moved from Andover to the College Hill neighborhood in Wichita and are renovating a 110 year old house. It is on the famous Halloween street - so please come trick or treating on Broadview! We also put up lots of Christmas decorations as well. It's one of my husband's favorite things about our house.
We have 2 dogs and 2 cats. I recently got one of my dogs certified to be a therapy dog. She is a Sheep a Doodle named Gracie. It has been a lot of fun working with her. I love both kids and dogs - and so does she!!
Originally from Indiana, educated at Purdue University, I have worked in health care for 30 years. This is my 2nd year with the district. I look forward to working with the Meadowlark and Sunflower families this year.
DON'T FORGET TO ORDER A MEADOWLARK SHIRT!
Sale Ends September 10th
ANDOVER FOOD SERVICE IS LOOKING FOR GREAT PEOPLE TO BE A PART OF THEIR TEAM
Meadowlark Has an Opening!
This is a great way for parents or grandparents to make extra money while the kids are in school!
Immediate openings are available. If you are truly interested in working with a great group of people, let us hear from you. Starting pay is $11.33 an hour. Experienced applicants may earn more.
Speed up the process by applying at www.usd385.org or call Lisa Smith at 316-218-4603.
DROP OFF/PICK UP
1. During morning drop off in the carline, it is imperative that we keep the carline moving as efficiently as possible. Please have your child ready to go with their backpack, their water bottle, and their goodbyes. Please pull all the way up to cone number 1. Students need to exit the car once you stop at sidewalk. I felt like this reminder was necessary as we have parents that are telling the staff outside that they don't want their child to have to walk that far. We have ample supervision and it is not too far for any child to walk so we would appreciate your help.
2. During afternoon pick up, we fill cars with students in flights of 6. Please follow the car in front of you to fill the six spots even if you child is not standing at the cone yet. If your child is not at the designated cone, we may ask you to pull up past cone number 1 to spot 0 to wait for you child. This allows us to continue with the six flights of cars. Our carline is complete by 4:00pm with loading close to 90 cars.
1. If your child is eating breakfast and you use the carline, please remember that you can drop your child off in the main entrance between 8:15am - 8:30am for breakfast. Students may not be dropped off unless they are eating breakfast. Those students eating breakfast prior to 8:35am are guaranteed to make it to class by the bell at 8:45am. If you arrive after 8:30am, your child will need to be dropped off at the back carline and enter at 8:35am with all other students. These students check in with their teacher and then go to breakfast. They are in the class by 9:00am.
2. If your child is a bus rider and is eating breakfast, they are released from the bus at 8:35am, check in with their teacher, and then go to breakfast. They are in class by 9:00am.
It would be very helpful if you would let your child's teacher know if you are wanting your child to have breakfast!
Thank you and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns!
MEADOWLARK BICYCLE/SCOOTER CONTRACT
1. Students may ride a bike or scooter with parent permission.
2. Students must have a bicycle/scooter contract on file.
3. You must wear a helmet when riding!
4. When arriving on Campus, students must stop at the stop sign located at the south entrance intersecting 159th street, look both ways before crossing and walk their bike across the road. Students must walk their bike on the sidewalk all the way to the building.
5. When leaving campus, students must walk their bike on the sidewalk to the stop sign located at the south entrance intersecting 159th street, look both ways before crossing and walk their bike across the road.
6. Bikes and scooters must be parked in the bicycle racks and locked. (Meadowlark Elementary assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged items).