Cardinal Family Newsletter
It's a GREAT day to be a Cardinal!
December 3, 2021
Hard to believe we are three days into December and there are only two more weeks left in the second quarter. We realize that for many students this time of year is filled with distractions. However, it is important to make sure we are working to communicate best practices for students to finish the nine weeks strong. Please read below for some strategies to impact the end of the second nine weeks.
This afternoon is the Holiday Hangout which is over at 5:00 pm. It is always a great time watching the students having fun with their peers.
Have a great weekend and please reach out with any questions or concerns.
Finish the Nine Weeks Strong
Finish the Nine Weeks Strong
There are 10 school days left in the 2nd Nine Weeks. One of our main focuses over the next three weeks will be to help students improve their grades as best as they can. Below are a few critical ideas and resources to help students over the last three weeks in the nine weeks.
1. Remember each nine weeks is a portion of the overall grade for the entire school year. If you had a poor grade at midterm, it truly is beneficial to work hard the last two weeks to bring that grade up as much as possible. At the end of the year, a low grade in the 2nd nine weeks could make a big difference. We encourage students to consider this even if they have struggled the first part of a nine weeks.
2. Zeroes are the biggest factors in a students grade. Each nine weeks students will often have close to 20 or more graded assignments including homework, quizzes, tests, projects etc. If a student has 20 assignments in a nine weeks and has two zeroes it can have a major impact on their grade. It is always vital for students to submit ALL assignments and avoid zeroes.
3. Taking advantage of opportunities to redo or make corrections. Several teachers offer students the opportunity to make corrections and/or redo assignments if they do poorly. Students need to take advantage of these policies for two reasons. First, it helps instill the idea of having a growth mindset to get better and learn from mistakes. Second, every point helps to enhance a student's chance to bring up their grade.
4. Stay informed! Between checking Progress Book and announcements, students and parents are able to stay up to date. If you don't check Progress Book regularly, it may be worth taking the next two weeks to do so and get into the helpful practice of using the learning management system to help stay organized.
5. Use the resources from the teachers and from the weekly newsletter to help your child grow.
Mark Your Calendars
Fifth Grade Newsletter
Sixth Grade Newsletter
Seventh Grade Newsletter
YMCA December Newsletter
MS Basketball Schedule
2021-2022 SCHOOL CALENDAR
School starts at 7:30 am and ends at 2:24 pm. Every hour of the school day counts, so please try and have your child to school on time. If your child is absent please call 513-362-5307 by 10:00 am.