Alamos Elementary School
On-Campus COVID-19 Preventative Health and Safety Procedures
Information and Guidance for Families
Included below is a summary of our return to campus protocols to ensure students, families, and staff health and safety.
On-Campus AM/PM Schedule
Monday - At-Home Asynchronous Day
Tuesday-Friday - On-Campus Cohorts
AM Cohort Session: 8:45 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
PM Cohort Session 12:55 p.m. to 3:25 p.m.
Planning for March 15 - Tips for Families and Students
Students who remain in the online instruction model will follow the same AM/PM schedule as the on-campus cohorts.
A MESSAGE FROM MRS. AYNESWORTH
WHAT WILL SCHOOL LOOK LIKE?
CDPH and TVUSD COVID-19 Safety Resources
TVUSD is required to provide COVID-19 testing resources for students. Families will be provided with information on how to obtain optional testing for their students.
BEFORE SENDING CHILD TO SCHOOL
DAILY AT-HOME STUDENT CHECKLIST
- Check students temperature (Must be under 100 degrees) without the aid of fever-reducing medicine
- Bring student mask/face covering
- Bring student personal refillable water bottle
- Bring student district-issued or personal iPad, Chromebook, or other compatible learning devices
- Bring student assigned instructional materials
- Have students eat a healthy breakfast.
- Lunches - if participating in the PM cohort, students should eat lunch before coming to school. AM cohort students will eat lunch at home after school. Meals are not consumed on campus.
ARRIVAL AT SCHOOL AND DROP-OFF PROCEDURES
STUDENT ARRIVAL/ENTRY - See Map Below
AES welcomes you back to the school building Tues. through Friday, beginning the week of March 15th, 2021. Please be sure to follow the directives below to help ensure a safe and healthy return for all students.
All students in Preschool through grade 5 may arrive between 8:35 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. Teachers will be in classrooms. Students will report directly to their classroom. Our morning session for all students in preschool through grade 5 begins at 8:45 a.m.
All Gates will be marked with signage noting classroom number/teacher name:
Gate #1 is for Rooms 1 - 5 - LANGFORD, BRINEGAR, ERNISSE, BELISARIO, SMITH
Gate #2 is for Rooms 6-11 - LL/EVAC ROOM, STEVENS, VOELKER, HEFFNER, CAPEHART
Back Loop is for Rooms 12-23 - DAILEY, AUSTIN, RUSS, LANDSDORF, CATALANO, SALEEBY, CRANCE, HUERTA, LOVE, WACKERMAN, LOVELAND, FENNEY
Gate #3 is for Rooms 24-30 - PRUETT, PERINICH, KEB, NEWBRY, EBDING, NOVELLO, ABARCA
Gate #4 is for Rooms 31-37 - REID, CUBBEDGE, VAUGHN, GOLEC, RADCLIFFE, KIM, CRILLY
Gate #5 is for Rooms 38-44 - GONZALEZ, WILLIAMS, THOMPSON
Gate #6 is for Rooms 45-51 - Preschool: ARELLANO, HATCH, NORRIS, GABRIS, GARROW
The back gate/back loop is being reserved for students in classrooms 12-23 and their younger/older siblings ***(with the exception of Kinder siblings)
***Families with students who should enter at the back gate with Kinder students may enter through the front of the school so kinder students may be dropped off entering through Gate #1.
At the front loop, (grades K-5) students will be entering the gate closest to the classroom building where their classroom is located. Designated gates will be open for arrival and signage with teacher names listed will be displayed to assist students and parents to locate the correct gate.
Circles/markers will be placed on the ground to indicate where students stand if they are waiting in line to come in, before the gates have opened, six feet apart. Students will wear masks while in line and entering the school.
Parents will be asked to drop off student(s) in the designated loop while remaining in the vehicle. Parents will not be permitted to enter the school gates at any time.
Any parents/families who walk students to arrival will need to walk students to the sidewalk before the gate and have them walk to class. Staff will be near to support younger students. Walkers will also wait on the circles/markers to enter gates if gates are not opened. Parents can watch students from a distance but may not wait with them in line to minimize contact between families. Masks are required when on campus.
SPED students who arrive by bus will arrive in the back loop and the front loop and be met by a teacher or IA who will walk them to class.
Please note the following:
No student entry prior to 8:35 a.m. (AM).
No parents on campus unless a prior meeting has been arranged.
Parents must enter through the front office for health screening and to sign-in.
- Students will be entering and exiting through teacher-identified gates. Signs will be posted on those gates as well as staff monitoring them.
- Students will enter classrooms through the outside doors.
- During class time, they will use the hallway to access the restrooms and return to class.
- If a student needs to go to the health office, the teacher will call the health clerk/LVN and the person will go directly to the classroom and assess the student outside of the classroom before escorting the student safely to the proper room (health office or transition room).
STUDENT DROP OFF FOOT TRAFFIC PATTERNS
LEAVING CAMPUS - STUDENT PICK-UP PROCEDURES
STUDENT DISMISSAL - See Map Below
All AM students are dismissed at 11:15 a.m. All PM students are dismissed at 3:25 p.m.
Walkers will be dismissed first and will follow the same traffic pattern and exit the same gate as they entered. Parents will wait for walkers in one of the assigned parent waiting areas. Masks are required when on campus.
For dismissal, all students will exit their same assigned, grade level gate. Cones/marked areas will be situated around the front loop and back loop for students in each grade level to wait for their parents to pick-up. All students will follow the same traffic pattern leaving as arriving.
Special Education students who dismiss by bus will walk with staff using the same path they entered and will exit the back loop through the kindergarten designated gate.
Thank you for your continued support of the AES School Community. We look forward to welcoming you back to campus!
STUDENT PICK UP TRAFFIC PATTERNS
LUNCH AND NUTRITION
GRAB AND GO MEALS
- Student meals will be available for distribution for TVUSD students every Monday at all six TVUSD middle schools. Meals are not available at individual schools.
- All meals are to be consumed at home. Lunches - if participating in the PM cohort, students should eat lunch before coming to school. AM cohort students will eat lunch at home after school.
- Parents can pick up 7-day meal packs between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. at any of the six middle school locations every Monday.
Meal kits provided on Mondays will contain 7 lunches, 7 breakfasts, and enough fruits, vegetables, milk & juice for one complete week.
- TVUSD enrolled students do not have to be present. Parents can bring printout proof of enrollment from the Infinite Campus portal.
- Non-enrolled siblings under 18 years of age of enrolled TVUSD students may also receive meals. Non-enrolled siblings must be present.
Students will be directed to use the restroom attached to their classroom building
Soap, hand sanitizers, and paper towels will be available.
Handwashing and physical distancing signs will be displayed.
- Classrooms and mutual spaces on campus will be disinfected between cohort shifts and nightly by custodians utilizing an electrostatic sprayer.
- Safety Data Sheets regarding all cleaning products being used are available on the following website - Please CLICK HERE.
No parents on campus unless a prior meeting has been arranged.
If meeting has been pre arranged, parents must enter through the front office for health screening and to sign-in.
Unfortunately at this time, no parent volunteers will be allowed on campus.
Child care hubs will be available, with limited space, at most elementary school campuses. The AM/PM schedule will coincide with your child's AM/PM learning schedule and will be available during the students’ asynchronous learning time. Child care hub hours of operation will be 8:15 am to 3:55 pm. To be considered for enrollment, parents must submit the electronic form below.
As many families' learning model confirmations may be predicated on securing childcare, TVUSD's Childcare Department will confirm your child care enrollment status, based on space availability, by Thursday, February 25, to allow families to complete the learning confirmation survey by Friday, February 26.
If you are interested in childcare as part of your child's on-campus learning model, please complete the registration form below as soon as possible. If a program at one site reaches capacity for some reason, we will make every effort to contact the parent needing childcare to discuss options at other sites that may be available.
The application window closes on Tuesday, February 23, 2021, to ensure notifications by Thursday, February 25.
Questions should be directed to TVUSD's Childcare Department. Please email email@example.com.