Genetically Modified Organisms
and why they are harmful to today's society
Disadvantages of GMO's
- Changing the genes of an organism could make it extremely dangerous or toxic to another organism that depends on it for food.
- Making changes to the genes may be harmful to humans in the form of new allergenic properties and chemically dangerous to vital organs of the body, like the brain.
- Using GMOs could greatly reduce competetiveness between farms in the industry.
- Companies that create the GMOs may even try to put patents on their gene arrangements.
- GMOs are unnatural, and by using them, we are not appreciating the full value of the foods that God has given us.
- Animals that are subjected to GMOs usually go through some form of pain or mental and physical stress.