Cody weigel period 6
2. China has one of the tallest and most beautiful mountain ranges in the world. The Himalayan mountain range. Within the Himalayas, stands the tallest mountain in the world, Mount Everest.
3. One of the downfalls of china is it's air quality. The air pollution in some places is so bad some people have to wear masks.
4. China has a wide variety of climates. It is more tropical in the south and subarctic in the north.
5. China has frequent typhoons, damaging floods, tsunami's, and earthquakes.
6. It is very big mountains in the west and it is deserts and high plateau's in the east.
7. One of the greatest engineering projects in all of the worlds history, The Great Wall of China. It is 3,750 miles long and is not just a traveling route, it has served as defense barriers in modern day history.
8. China has about 50,000 rivers. The longest one is the Yangtzi river that is 6,300 km long and an area of 1.8 million square miles and is the 3rd longest in the world.
9. There is 1.25 million people living in china and most of the population lives in the east. This accounts for a quarter of the worlds population.
10. There is more than 2,800 different species of trees in china but the threat of deforestation is wiping out the species.
The 7 elements of culture
Language: The official national language is the standard Chinese. 70% of the population speak this language. English is spoken but mostly in business.
Religion: The Chinese government encourages atheism but the three major ones are Buddhism, Islam, and Christianity.
Economy: China has the worlds fastest growing economy. It is rising 10% in 30 years. The currency is the Yuan. China is also the largest exporter and second largest importer. It also the largest manufacturing economy in the world.
Social Organization: Young people do date in the cities but is discouraged in the cities and countries. In china, people are considered adults when they get married which is usually in their twenties. The infant mortality rate is 15.2 per 1,000 births.
Art's and literature:Two sports that are enjoyed are soccer and table tennis. The literacy rate is 96% for males and 89% for females.
Customs and Traditions: Two holidays that are celebrated is New Year's day and Labor day. A couple of foods that are common are noodles and many dishes with rice.
a. how cheap the united states is by getting things made in china.
b. how cheap china is.
c. a lot of things are manufactured in china
d. the united states has a great wall.
2.What can you conclude in this cartoon?
a. the united states people are lazy
b. the united states has things manufactured in china because it costs less.
c. the united states buy too much stuff
d. the united states people go shopping too much.
answers. 1. a 2. b
Comparing and Contrasting China and India.
- In India and China the father is the head of the household.
- They both have agricultural based civilizations.
- Both countries had religious teachers invent the religions.
- Both countries believe that supernatural forces control the weather.
- Both countries created religious arts.
- China has a centralized government and India has a regional states with political systems.
- The written language for china is the Mandarin and for India is the Sanskrit.
- They each have a caste system but the China caste system has 3 levels and the India one has 5 levels.
- The religious of China are Taoism and legalism and for India they are Hinduism and Buddhism.
- China has less population but is growing at a much greater rate. India has a smaller population.
- China has a higher Fertility rate than India.
- China has a higher literacy rate than India.
- China's population is much healthier than the one of India.
- China merchant's are scorned money makers and India's are a high caste and made fortunes.
- Children in china are punishable even by death and strict and in India they are pampered until they are adults despite gender.