Team 5 West
April 8 - 12, 2019
**We will gladly take donations of any of these items, along with Kleenex and Clorox Wipes! Thank you!**
We only have a very limited number of yearbooks left! Online link is open until April 12, or until they are sold out! Hold onto these special memories from our very first year!
**Please send headphones with your child! We will be using the Chromebooks more often and headphones help cut the noise and allow for a better learning environment!**
Meadow Brook Running Club: Every Wednesday 3:30 - 4:15
Limited number of Yearbooks left! The link to order is above. Don't miss out on the opportunity to own Meadow Brook's very first yearbook! They'll only be available to purchase through April 12 or until sold out!
Eat, Grow, Love: 5th grade girls lunch book club. We are reading the book, Lemons by Melissa Savage. Contact Mrs. Thompson via email for more information. Upcoming Meetings:
4/9 (Ch 35-40), 4/30 (Ch 41-48), 5/14 (Ch 49-53)
PTSO Concessions: Snack day is every Friday during recess and all items are $1. If you can help work concessions contact our PTSO!
Kona Ice: Sold the last Wednesday of every month at recess: 4/24
Skill Focus for the Week
Monday - A
Tuesday - B
Wednesday - A
Thursday - B
Friday - A
- Triangles, angles, and 3D shapes
unit rate comparisons, unit conversions and measurement
- Skill Reviews
- Vocabulary procedure is changing: no more weekly lists starting this week-Friday quizzes will be over using context clues to infer meaning of grade level vocabulary.
- Reading Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
READ, READ, READ at home!! Building independent reading stamina is CRUCIAL at this age. Read with your kids, to your kids, and around your kids so they are encouraged to read on their own!
**State Writing Test (as well as all other subjects) is online this year! Please be helping your child build his/her digital stamina by having them type various things on a computer. Contact your child's teacher for creative ideas to help with this!**
- Properties of matter
- Revolutionary War Test: Monday (A) and Tuesday (B)
Tips to Stay Engaged and Active in your Child's Educational Journey:
- State Writing Test is online this year! Help your child by having them type various things on the computer to build their digital stamina. Contact your teachers for ways to do this best!
- Read WITH your child! See picture below about how to help them become a better reader.
- Ask them to tell you what kind of questions they asked in class that day.
- Ask them to give you 3 highs and 3 lows about their day - every day!
- Ask them who their friends are and what was one topic of conversation they had with those friends that day.
- Ask them to teach you one thing they learned from each class.
- Communicate frequently and openly with the teachers - we WANT to hear from you about the good and the bad! We are all on the same team!
- Remind them that you are PROUD of them and love seeing them grow each day.
Meet Your Teachers
Enrichment Social Studies