Third Grade's Cardinal Chronicle
March 17th, 2014
WHAT A WEEK!!
Here are some pictures from our author Skype last week. It was so fun to connect with them and learn about how to become an author.
This is the completed quilt from our Outreach Book Club. Kristy McCarthy did a wonderful job making it into a beautiful quilt. The students have decided to auction it off at Friday's silent auction! :)
Brainstorming solutions to our problems. These solutions will soon lead to new inventions! I love to see the creativity and individuality shine!! :)
This Week in School...
- Monday- Music
- Tuesday- Art & IREAD Testing
- Thursday- Music
- Friday- Art
- We are working hard everyday in our small reading groups. Our goal is to finish with our current books before spring break! Wish us luck!! :)
- This week we will begin looking at different types of poetry as a whole group. We will learn about stanzas and how they help the flow of a poem.
- We are reading the book Out of My Mind during read-aloud time. Ask your child about it...we are definitely into it!
- We are hard at work on our Young Author books. The students have all chosen a topic and have been planning and writing each day. We have some students working on biographies, some are writing informational books, while others are sticking with realistic fiction or fantasy. It should be a nice variety of genres when we are finished. We can't wait to share them during the pancake breakfast in April!
No Spelling until after spring break!!
- This week we will continue our geometry study, We will review symmetry, congruence, perimeter, lines, angles, polygons, triangle, quadrilaterals, and area.
- The children are working in their small groups to brainstorm ideas to solve a problem. This week they will narrow down their solution and begin brainstorming an invention and how they will make it.
We connected with another class in Iowa today! We had a great time using our map skills and learning about a new state!
Students work hard each Friday on something they want to learn about! I am so proud of their hard work and enthusiasm over these topics!
A Kid's Life
What a great musical!! I am so proud of all the hard work from both parents and students!
Spring Book Fair
TCE’s Spring Book Fair is April 8th – 14th. More information is coming soon! Many volunteers are needed to make our Book Fair a huge success! If you can work a shift or even donate an item for our events, please visit: http://vols.pt/7sANe6 to sign-up! Thank you!
Our class will take the IREAD test on Tuesday, March 18th. Please make sure they get a good night’s sleep on Monday and a good breakfast on Tuesday morning. Our cafeteria will be staying open longer in the morning for those who want to eat breakfast.