The Lion's Den
Parent and Community Updates
Week of August 16th - 20th
1. Hours of Operation:
- The school day begins with the first bell at 7:20am, and students are dismissed by 2:15pm each day.
- The front desk office hours are from 6:50am - 3:00pm.
- For safety and supervision reasons, walkers and car riders should not arrive at school prior to 6:50am.
2. Communication Folder
- Students will receive a blue communication folder on the first day of school. There are important forms that will be sent home, through the blue communication folder, which you will need to sign and return.
- The communication folder will be used by all classes in grades PreK-5th. This folder will contain important updates, forms, and homework. Please ask your learner for the folder each day. Students must return the folder each day to his/her teacher.
- Monthly newsletters for classroom and school updates will be sent home each month. They will be placed in the communication folder.
3. Parent and Student Handbook
- The 2021-2022 Parent and Student Handbook will be sent home on the first day. This handbook contains the general rules and guidelines, as aligned to the Sumter School District Board policies. A "Student Acknowledgement Form" will also be placed in the folder. Please sign and return. Also, please reference page 33 in the handbook, as it relates to the FERPA notification.
4. Bus Routes
- Bus routes can be found on the Sumter School District Webpage. The link has been provided: https://operations.sumterschools.net/transportation/bus-routes/
5. Car Riders (Drop-off/Pick-Up Procedures:)
- All students may be dropped off in the morning at the traffic circle in front of the school’s entrance on Fulton Street and exit on the Boulevard Road.
- Parents are reminded to not drop students off before 6:50 a.m. For student’s safety, parents are reminded not to drop their child off in the grassy area across the street from the school on Fulton Street.
- During pick-up, all car riders will be dismissed through the gate under the breezeway using their car number. Each student will be provided with numbered car tags and book bag tags. Parents arriving without a car tag number will be asked to go into the office to have their credentials verified.
- Parents will not be allowed to walk up to the car pick up gate to retrieve students, and students will not be permitted to cross Fulton street to walk to their rides, for safety is our number one priority.
6. School Meals
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided each day. Meals are free. Students are asked to consume breakfast between the hours of 6:50am - 7:30am in the cafeteria to avoid classroom tardies.
7. School Uniforms:
- School uniforms are a requirement for Lemira Elementary students. The uniform attire consists of navy, black or khaki pants, shorts, skirts, skorts, or jumpers with polo shirts. Shirts must have a collar and can be any solid color (no stripes or other patterns).
- Thank you to everyone who attended the Back to School Bash to meet your learner's teacher.
- If you are in need of registering your student for the new school year, our registration team will be ready to assist you. Please bring the following:
- Social Security
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Card or Appointment Card
- Proof of Address (e.g. Light bill, Utility bill)
Thank you for being a valuable player on the Lemira team! It takes the school, parents, and community to embrace our theme, "Creating College and Career Ready Leaders"!
Mrs. Stephanie Gregg, Ed.S
Lemira Elementary School
"Leading and Learning with Intention and Optimism while Nurturing Success; We are the L.I.O.N.S"
Lemira Elementary School
Ms. Stephanie Gregg, Principal
Ms. Leslie Dowling, Assistant Principal
Ms. Nakia Carter, School Counselor
Ms. Kwitenia Holland, Instructional Coach and Title I Facilitator
Ms. Tonya Henry, Reading Coach