PLANO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
PSHS eNews: Where the Wildcat Nation Gets Its Information
Monday, December 14, 2015
* * PSHS PTSA (PARENT, TEACHER, STUDENT ASSOCIATION) * *
- Plano Wildcats really Let Their Imaginations Fly! for the 2015-2016 Reflections Program. All of the entries submitted by Plano Senior were sent to the District level for judging. On 12/10/15, FOUR of those entries moved on to the State level! Congratulations to all entrants! Moving forward to State:
- Arya Loloee - Waltz of the Flying Giants
- Addis Riddle - Behind the Wizard’s Curtain
- Freya Jardine - Crown of Thorns
- Madeline Zhoo - Bubble Worlds
- Please consider being an exam reader this week, even for just a 2-hour shift. We really need a few more people to read final exams to students. After you sign up, you will be contacted with the shift options. Thank you! https://planoptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/volunteer
- PTSA would like to thank everyone who attended the General Meeting on 12/2. It was great to see you, and we hope that the Counseling presentation was helpful to you. In addition to our 4 student scholarship winners, we also had some parent winners! We gave out two C2Education certificates worth $1400 for tutoring and evaluation, a teeth whitening certificate from the Plano Dentist, and several restaurant certificates. Be sure to come to our next general meeting in March and benefit from our popular parent to parent program. Thanks for supporting PTSA!
- A donation of just $100 to PTSA entitles you to attend a luncheon with Principal Watkins on January 19 from 11:30-1:00. The money goes toward PSHS programs, grants, and scholarships. https://planoptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/donate
- Many thanks to our wonderful PTSA Community Partners! Visit these businesses, and thank them for supporting PSHS.
Traditions Sponsor ($1000)
Maroon Sponsor ($500)
Start your online shopping at smile.amazon.com, select ‘Plano Senior High School PTSA’ as your charitable organization, and a donation will be made to PSHS PTSA at no cost to you!
- Many online shopping websites will make a donation to Texas PTA when you start at this link. http://www.giveasyouget.com/charity/texas-pta/ The program is called ‘Give as you Get’, and the stores include Best Buy, Brookstone, Home Depot, Kohl’s, Macy’s, Target, and many more.
- Stop by Barnes and Noble at Park/Preston through December 31 and mention ‘Guinn SPC’. A portion of the proceeds will be used for book donations to the PISD Guinn Special Programs Center for at-risk students.
FROM THE REGISTRAR: If you have a college deadline that falls between December 18th & January 5th, you must have your transcript requests to us BY Thursday, December 17th. The Registrar’s Office will be CLOSED from December 18th (last day of exams) through January 4th. Please plan accordingly.
Second semester schedules will be available for students to view online beginning Monday, December 14. Students needing a correction to their schedule need to notify their counselor before Friday, December 18, 2015.
Corrections are for students who:
1. Are enrolled in a duplicate class
2. Failed a class required for graduation
3. Need a level change
Elective classes cannot be changed.
Plano ISD Facilities and Technology Study Task Force Seeks Parent and Community Feedback
The Facilities and Technology Study Task Force, assembled by the Plano ISD Board of Trustees in August, is hosting a public hearing to gather community input as they evaluate district needs with regard to a possible bond initiative. I encourage our parent community to attend this public forum, as this will be your opportunity to provide feedback or ask questions related to the committee’s work of reviewing enrollment trends and projections, as well as establishing construction, renovation and technology needs. The hearing will be hosted as follows:
Facilities and Technology Study Task Force Public Hearing
Thursday, December 17, 2015, 6:00 p.m.
Plano Senior High School Doyle Dean Performing Arts Center
2200 Independence Pkwy, Plano, TX 75075
Speaker cards will be required from all who wish to speak at the hearing and will be available beginning at 5:30 p.m. through the end of the meeting.
Additional opportunities for input are available at the regular school board meetings scheduled for January 12 and February 2, 2016, and via district e-mail at email@example.com. For more information on the work of the Facilities and Technology Study Task Force, please visit the Plano ISD website at: http://www.pisd.edu/news/2016bond/index.shtml.
Final Week lunches
From 12/15/15 to 12/18/15
Cat Corner will be open every day starting at 8:00 am. Hot lunch will be served through the cat corner starting at 11:00 am. Service will end each day at approximately 1:30 pm. Lunch entrees are as follows (subject to change):
Tuesday – Orange Chicken with Steamed Rice
Wednesday – Grilled Cheese Sandwich on Jalapeno Bread
Thursday – Chicken Sandwich
Friday – Beef Burrito with Rice and Beans
Daily sides will include petite garden salads, choice of fresh veggies and fruit.
Plano’s Got Talent
Pick up an application outside of B246.
Applications are due Jan. 12, 2015, to B246.
We are looking for a great MC!
* * * * * * * * * * * * BOOSTER ANNOUNCEMENTS * * * * * * * * * * * *
CALLING ALL CATS
A special evening is coming up for all 8th and 10th grade students, parents, and current students at Plano Senior High School….CALLING ALL CATS, Thurs., Jan. 14, 2016, 6:30 – 8 pm! Please plan to attend this informational evening and learn all about the wonderful opportunities at Plano Senior High School. You’ll be able to purchase spirit wear and visit with incredible senior high teachers regarding course study, learn about all of our award-winning performance art and visual arts programs, and become familiar with all the fabulous coaches for all Wildcat sports. The entire campus will be open for you to visit.
ADVANCED FASHION DESIGN – WORLD WEAR PROJECT: RECYCLING SHOES AND CLOTHING NEVER MADE MORE CENTS!
Be a part of diverting thousands of pounds of shoes and clothing from local landfills by filling our shoe and clothing donation bin with your gently used: shoes, clothes, purses, belts, wallets, hats, caps, backpacks, hard toys, stuffed animals, pots and pans. For every pound donated from you, our fashion students receive $0.15. Our bin is conveniently located in the East parking lot by the gym in handicap parking.
The benefit to you? Neater closets, drawers, toy boxes, and kitchens, and the knowledge that less textile waste will end up in our local landfills. Thank you from Advanced Fashion Design students!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
~ ~ ~ PSHS...TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE ~ ~ ~
Plano Senior High School
Plano Senior High School Website:
PSHS PTSA Website: