Reading Coach 4 P Report
Week of January 25th - 29th
- Planned for Reading Coaches to Observe in our school for our PLC class.
- Read chapters on Student Centered Coaching and reflected on where I am and the school is in the coaching process.
- Observed two teachers at our school with the coaches and gained valuable feedback and suggestion for making improvements in their classrooms.
- Ran off Benchmark Assessment papers for some levels that were running out.
- Read over State Strategic Plan and pulled out pieces of it that addressed a school Reading plan so i can be better prepared when we get our district plan. I feel like the work we are doing and the strategies we are implementing are in line with what the plan says.
- Observed 2 John Collins lessons in teacher's rooms.
- I plan to meet with both teachers to have a personal coaching session and see if there are questions they have related to the visit and debriefing from our Coaches meeting.
- I plan to work specifically with my 5th grade teacher to support her rotations include more choice and time for reading.
- I want to make suggestions for making her library more "Just Right" Friendly.
- I want to demonstrate more use of anchors charts in both classroom that the students coauthor.
- I plan to do my project with the 5th grade teacher so I will be sure to include elements that she would benefit from to address specific needs from our observations.
- The support that I personally receive from the other coaches is so beneficial. I value their opinions and advice.
- I really appreciate the sharing of ideas that we have such as "Literacy Lab", Literacy Nights and other ideas. I am grateful that they are willing to let us use the ideas as well. Together we will make a bigger difference.
Need some assistance please....
Problems, Concerns, or Questions
- When administering the DRA2 Book part of the assessment, do the teachers keep going up the book levels like F and P until they find their independent level? Are their any cutoff levels with this kit?
- I see the deadline for the Strategic Plan for schools. It seems as if the Reading Plan for schools is a part of this strategic plan. Is there a specific timeline that we need to roll out?
- Can we collaborate as a team to come up with strategy suggestions to help with our individual school plans?