April 1, 2021
Dates to Remember
April is National School Library Month
04/02 - Holiday - No School
04/04 - National School Librarian Appreciation Day
04/05 - 04/09 - National Assistant Principal Week
04/06 - STAAR Writing (4th Grade)
04/27 - School Bus Driver Appreciation Day
05/01 - School Principal Day
05/03 - 05/07 - Teacher Appreciation Week
05/06 - School Nurse's Day
05/11 - STAAR Math (3rd and 4th Grades)
05/12 - STAAR Reading (3rd and 4th Grades)
05/12 - School Nurse Day
05/14 - PTO Spring Fling (More Info Coming)
05/21 - Paws for Pride on the announcements - Wear GREEN for Resilience
05/26 - Last Day of School - Early Dismissal 12:10 PM
A Message from Dr. Lambert
What a lovely day it has turned out to be. I got the opportunity to scan cars as they entered the car rider line this afternoon and loved having the chance to exchange brief words with so many of you and to wave at the future Bobcats sitting in so many back seats. I hope you find similar moments of joy over this holiday weekend. I can't wait to see everyone again Monday!
Take good care,
Dr. Jarod Lambert
Message from our Front Office
- All transportation changes need to be emailed to email@example.com before 2:00 PM each day.
- Car rider dismissal reminder: Entering the school driveway at dismissal is by right turn only. All traffic leaving the school should turn right onto Crownridge as well.
- Only visitors essential to school operations will be permitted to enter CISD facilities.
- All individuals entering the building must wear a face mask covering their mouth and nose.
- Visitors will be required to complete a COVID-19 screening form in the reception area prior to leaving the front office area.
- Only essential learning items can be dropped off on our outside drop off table.
This doesn't include - lunches, water bottles, folders, homework, etc..
- Students forgetting lunches will be allowed to get a meal from the cafeteria. Breakfast and lunch (one each per child each day) are free in the cafeteria this school year.
- Students forgetting a water bottle will be given one at school.
- Students need to have a mask on while riding a CISD school bus.
- Please remember that CISD property is tobacco free. There is no smoking/vaping while on school property. This includes carline.
PreK, K, & New Student Enrollment
School Spring Pictures
If you would like to view your proof and order online for the school pictures that were taken in January go to: http://online.phototexasphotography.com/
The website will ask for you to input a keyword.
The keyword to your gallery is: 2021BPE and then your student's ID.
Example = If your student's ID is 123456 then the code is 2021BPE12345
For any issues or questions, please contact Photo Texas customer support at https://www.phototexasphotography.com/contact or call 1(800) 883-6463. You can also email Ellen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bush Elementary is so excited to welcome volunteers back into the building! While limited in the number of volunteers permitted each week and no student contact, having parents and guardians in the building enhances our school community! Your smiling faces have been greatly missed this year as was the immense help you bring to our teachers. For now, we are able to bring back volunteers to assist in the copy room and library. Copy Room work may include photocopying, laminating and other projects teachers and staff need help with. Library volunteers will assist in shelving and organizing books. (Sorry, no checking out books with students yet!) Also, younger children will not be allowed to accompany you at this time.
Please only sign up for one or two slots to begin with as space is limited, and we want to give as many people as possible a chance to volunteer. We will add more slots if more is needed by the staff.
Please note you will need to complete the CISD Volunteer form before volunteering (found here: https://www.conroeisd.net/community/volunteer-in-cisd/) and each time you come to the building you will need to complete the Covid check-in. And please remember your mask!
Keep your Child's Information Current
If any of your phone numbers, your email addresses, or your physical address have changed, please contact the Bush registrar, Brenda Hooker, at email@example.com. Any address change will need to have a Proof of Residency such as a utility bill (gas, water, electric), lease, or buyers agreement/contract.
Summer Move a Possibility?
If you currently have plans to move over the summer please email our registrar, Brenda Hooker at firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be a summer move form sent to you via your child or emailed to you. We ask that you complete it and send it back to school. This will help in planning for next year.
CISD Police Department
A few friendly reminders in regards to school zone safety and car rider drop off safety:
- Please remember to remind your children NOT to cross until the crossing guards are at their posts in the morning.
- Please remember if you are in your car, to wait for the crossing guards not only to cross the children, but for the crossing guards themselves to make it back to the sidewalk.
- Please remember to stay off your cell phones when driving in school zones.
- Please remember their are NO DOGS allowed on school property. This is for your personal liability and the safety of all of our students.
- Please remember there are no U-turns in front of the school.
2021-2022 CISD School Calendar
The Bush Clinic needs your help!
We need donations of boys & girls pants and shorts (no shirts needed). Many times children will get muddy at PE or recess and will need a change of clothes. We keep the clothes in the clinic so that the children can change clothes at school instead of having to call home and have a parent bring a change of clothes.
Bush Clinic Phone - 936-709-1609
ISOLATION OR QUARANTINE:
· Students who are absent due to isolation or quarantine criteria who log in to SeeSaw or Canvas before 11:59 pm will be counted as a REMOTE ATTENDANCE.
· Students who are absent due to isolation or quarantine criteria who are unable to sign into SeeSaw or Canvas before 11:59 pm will be counted as an EXCUSED ABSENCE.
Per Conroe ISD guidelines: If your child has a fever or other symptoms that could be from COVID-19 and does not get tested OR is not cleared by their healthcare provider with an alternative diagnosis, it is assumed the child has COVID-19 and may not return to school until the following 3 criteria are met:
1. Has been fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication.
2. AND child has improved symptoms.
3. AND at least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
Please email or fax (936-709-1699) healthcare provider date of return to school confirmation or COVID-19 test results to the nurse email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org in order to return to school sooner than the 10 day isolation period.
MEDICATION POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
Prescription medication must be in the original container, properly labeled including the student’s name, the name of the medication, directions concerning dosage, the schedule for administration, expiration date, and the date the prescription was filled. No expired prescription medication will be administered. No more than a ninety (90) day supply of a prescription medication may be checked in at one time.
Over-the-counter medications such as Tylenol, ibuprofen, cough or cold medicines that could potentially mask COVID-19 symptoms will require a written order from your child’s health care provider. Special Medication Note: Due to CDC COVID-19 guidelines nebulizer medications cannot be administered at school at this time.
CURB SIDE MEDICATION SIGN IN:
Please email or call the clinic if your child will require a scheduled or prescription medication for this school year. A medication permission form will be emailed to you, or let us know if you need to pick up a paper copy.
Medications will be dropped off via curb side delivery Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30-2:30. Please email email@example.com or call 936-709-1600 (front office) or 936-709-1609 (clinic) to let us know that you are here for medication drop off. Nurse Cheryl will come out to your car to collect the signed forms and medication.
Nurse Cheryl Kirchner, RN
Evelin Padilla, Clinic Assistant
Cyber Safety Parent Awareness Presentation
Thank you to the parents that were able to attend our Cyber Safety presentation Tuesday. If you were unable to attend, please see links below for resources that were shared by Crime Stoppers Houston & the Safe Schools Institute.
Cyber Safety Resource Guide
Podcast Episode on SnapChat: https://www.raniamankarious.com/post/ep-24-dr-laura-berman-snapchat-tragedy?fbclid=IwAR2f717zjM7-PfV3hohV-Mtu_ZxLpbJ7kq8OXT8NG0mQRaECTrU6TXXoQ_k
Wonderful Social Media documentary by Bark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He3IJJhFy-I&t=10s
Tik Tok: https://youtu.be/pVipyReOLmE
Click here to visit Mrs. McGhee’s Virtual Counseling Office
Click here for Coronavirus Resources for Students and Families
Monday, March 29, 2021
Tuesday, March 30, 2021
Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Thursday, April 1, 2021
Conroe ISD's School Messenger
All SMS messages received from the Conroe ISD District Office and your child's campus will begin with "Conroe ISD:" and come from the subscribe code 67587. If you have not yet opted-in to receive SMS messages, you can do so at any time throughout the school year by texting "Y" to 67587.
Spring Fling - Food Trucks, Family & Fun! Mark Your Calendars for May 14th
Give BUSH a chance to win 5,000 Bonus Box Tops
To enter, use the Box Tops app to scan a receipt containing at least one eligible Box Tops product within 14 days of purchase by 3/31/21 at 11:59pm. Standard data rates may apply.
Sweepstakes ends 3/31/2021.
Bush Elementary: A nurturing and inclusive community where students become empowered citizens and life-long learners. Every student, every day!
Our school hours are 8:00-3:10. Students may arrive as early as 7:30 and will go to their homeroom beginning at that time.
The Conroe Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding these non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936)-709-7700 and the Section 504/ADA Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936) 709-7670.