Saving Water In Texas
By. James Belcoff Chad Bates and Ethan Love
Around the kitchen
- only run the dishwasher with a full load
- scrape your dishes clean instead of rinsing them before washing
- use your garbage disposal sparingly
- place a stopper in the sink to wash pots and pans, rather than turning on faucet each time a rinse is needed
In the bathroom
- when brushing your teeth, turn off the faucet until it is time to rinse
- install low-flow showerheads
- take showers instead of baths; showers with low-flow showerheads often use less water than baths
- use a toilet tank displacement device; these devices will reduce the volume of water in the tank but still provide enough water for flushing
In the Laundry
- wash only a full load when using an automatic washing machine
- use the lowest possible water level setting on the washing machine
All of those mini solutions will help to make a difference. Our big ideas will definately help to save water, but first, our minor ideas
Summary of Shower Saver Article
This shower saver idea will limit the amount of water you use to take your shower.
Some people think taking a shower saves more water than taking a bath, but that’s not always the case.Taking a short shower will save more water than a bath but even a high powered shower could waste more water than a regular bath . one products that will save you water is the Ecocamel jetstorm which saves water by using air in their show. So our idea of the shower saver includes a little bottle thing connected to the shower head that will limit your shower. based on how much water is filled up is how much your able to use.
Summary Of Golf Article
Water use in golf courses is a problem. We know this because in the article Golf’s Use Of Water It explains the issues and how much water is actually used in golf courses. In our proposal we want to use all recycled water for our project. In the article it states the average amount of water used in the golf courses is 2,312,701 acre feet per year. This is over 2.8 billion gallons of water. We can definitely bring this number down by using all recycled water for golf courses instead of water wasting.