Cypress Woods Elementary
Message From Mrs. Hill
Hello Eagle Families,
Congratulations are in order for our 3rd and 4th-grade students who have finished up their FSA testing. This week, 5th-grade students will be taking their Science FSA sessions, and a few 3rd- 5th-grade students will be working through make-up sessions. Our state testing will come to an end on Friday, May 28th. We thank you for your support during this time. It was important for us all to work together to create the best environment so that our students could 'show off' on these assessments.
Beginning today, we will be asking all of our Cypress Woods families to take a few minutes to complete our annual stakeholder survey. You will receive an email directly from k12 Insight with the survey link. This week, the link will also be on our school website and shared periodically via Peachjar and directly from our school. We appreciate your engagement in this survey. Feedback from you provides good information as we close this year and plan for next year.
Lastly, don't forget this weekend is Memorial Day weekend and school will be closed next Monday, May 31st. I hope all of you enjoy a restful, fun holiday weekend! Summer is so close!!
Mrs. Hill :)
- 5th Grade: FSA science on May 25th and 26th
- Schools closed on Monday, May 31st- Memorial Day
- Last day for students on Wednesday, June 9th @ 12:55pm
- Summer Bridge: June 21st- July 15th
- First day of 2021-2022 school year is August 11, 2021.
**Please note: Our office will be closed from June 17 - July 18 this summer.
Computer Collection - MyPCS Students & 4th/5th Graders
We will be collecting all CWE laptops, iPads, and chargers for the summer for processing and updating. Please see the schedule below to find your student’s collection date. If you have any questions about this process, please email Taylor Huggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CWE STUDENT DEVICE COLLECTION SCHEDULE
Brick & Mortar Students ONLY
Thursday, June 3rd
- All in-person 5th graders and ACCESS students will return their device and charger to the Media Center. A schedule will be coming out with an assigned time for each homeroom. 5th graders keep their laptop bag to take home with them.
Friday, June 4th
- All in-person 4th graders will return their device, charger, and laptop bag to the Media Center. A schedule will be coming out with an assigned time for each homeroom.
MyPCS Students ONLY
Wednesday, June 9th
- 1:30-3:00pm - All online MyPCS students will return their device and charger to the front office. If the student is a 4th grader, they will need to return their laptop bag as well.
Thursday, June 10th
- 9:00-12:00pm - All online MyPCS students will return their device and charger to the front office. If the student is a 4th grader, they will need to return their laptop bag as well.
Reminder From Our Bookkeeper
We will no longer accept checks for tuition, lost library books, etc. for the remainder of the school year. We will only accept cash, cashier check or money order. If you have any questions, you can contact Janet Orito at email@example.com or call 727-538-7325. Thank you for patience and understanding.
VPK Openings For 2021-2022
We are excited to announce that we have VPK openings at Cypress Woods for the 2021-2022 school year. Students must be 4 years old on or before Sept. 1 of the school year in which they are enrolling.
To attend VPK, all students must have a Certificate of Eligibility (voucher) from the Early Learning Coalition. Please visit www.vpkpinellas.net to apply for the voucher. Families must have the voucher when they enroll at the school. For information about the Certificate of Eligibility, please call the Early Learning Coalition at (727) 400-4411.
How To Apply:
- Get your User ID and Password: Go to any nearby school to obtain a User ID and Password (if you don’t already have one for another child in your family). Make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Apply for a VPK seat: Log onto the Student Reservation System (SRS) at https://reservation.pcsb.org . Use any computer, including school computers to apply for a seat.
- Enroll at the school: Schools will call if they have an opening. To enroll, bring your Certificate of Eligibility (voucher) and the following documents: birth certificate/proof of child’s age, Florida Certificate of Immunization (DH Form 680), physical examination certificate by a licensed examiner, and proof of residency (two forms of documentation required).
Please visit https://www.pcsb.org/Page/11922 for more information on how to register.