Stop Our Immoral Drone Attacks

Minimize Civilian Casualties

Why are our drone attacks immoral and how can we change them?

  • Reports Drone attacks in Pakistan and Yemen say about 2 percent of those killed by U.S. drone strikes are militant leaders.” Who are the other 98 percent of those people killed? Innocent Civilians.
  • For example, in Pakistan, There have been over 3,000 reported deaths from US drone strikes alone, and 50 people are high profile kills. The rest are innocent casualties or supposedly hostile.
  • Due to recent drone attacks, Middle Easterners cannot live their regular daily life without fear of a drone attack. Extrajudicial assassination is illegal in the US, however we do it overseas.
  • 91 Drone strikes in 2010 compared to 45 in 2004-2009.
  • 40 countries in 2010 own drones
  • 2,500 innocent civilians in Pakistan alone killed by our drone attacks.
  • Those are obscene numbers.
Big image

This is the Interactive Animation on the facts Drone Attacks in Pakistan.

10 Ways How You Can Take Action

1. Spread the News on this issue on social media or everyday talks

2. Keep your eye out on the news for drone attacks

3. To really stay up to date follow @dronestream on twitter. (Done by Josh Begley)

4. Sign the Petitions below to try to influence government leaders to solve this issue

5. Spread this issue by referencing this flyer

6. Write letters to government leaders like the Obama Administration in your outrage.

7. Take a promise of peace and help spread a chain of peace that can influence people for the long run

8. Tell your friends and family about this issue

9. Donate towards Non-Profit Organizations Trying to Promote Peace

10. Look at the US Drone Attack facts and take action like I have (Make a petition, write a letter, make a flyer)


Some Extras

The Video below is about an app being taking down from the Apple App Store. The application's function was to track all the Drone Attacks overseas and show how many people were killed including civilians. However, the application was taken down due to it's function. Was Apple influenced by the US government because they know this is wrong?

Drone Strike Death App Blocked From Apple Store
Greatest Peace Speech Ever

Above is one of the Greatest Speech of Peace Given by JFK

It can still be applied to this issue and the United States today.

What does the Catholic Church Say about these Immoral Acts?

Pope Francis addresses the problem of modern day warfare and peace:

“218. Peace in society cannot be understood as pacification or the mere absence of violence resulting from the domination of one part of society over others. Nor does true peace act as a pretext for justifying a social structure which silences or appeases the poor, so that the more affluent can placidly support their lifestyle while others have to make do as they can. Demands involving the distribution of wealth, concern for the poor and human rights cannot be suppressed under the guise of creating a consensus on paper or a transient peace for a contented minority. The dignity of the human person and the common good rank higher than the comfort of those who refuse to renounce their privileges. When these values are threatened, a prophetic voice must be raised.

Bergogilo, Jorge (Pope Francis) Mario. "Evangelii Gaudium." Vatican, 24 Nov. 2013. Web. 01 Oct. 2015.

"A prophetic voice must be raised" and that is where I come in. Will you also be a prophet with me?