A Message from the Principal
Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year! I hope that you all had a relaxing summer and were able to make some lasting memories.
The teachers and staff at Caldwell are so excited to begin this school year with both our new and returning students. Please read this newsletter for some important Back to School information including Meet the Teacher, School Supplies, and our drop off/ pick up procedures.
We are committed to maintaining open communication with our school community throughout the year. One standard source of communication will come through this monthly newsletter, the Caldwell Connection. A new edition will be emailed to you at the beginning of each month. It will also be posted on our Facebook page. Please take time to read it to stay up to date with all the things happening at Caldwell.
Our team is here to support you and your student as we transition into this school year. If you need anything or have questions, please reach out to our front office at 512-594-6400. We are happy to provide assistance anytime.
I am looking forward to all of the smiles and hugs that are coming in a couple weeks. I can't wait to see everyone.
Meet the Teacher
- Classroom teachers will be making phone calls to families the afternoon of August 8th to introduce themselves. They will also send welcome emails. If you don't receive communication from your child's teacher by 3:00 pm on August 9th, please call the front office.
- We will hold our Meet the Teacher event on Thursday, August 10th from 5:00-6:30pm.
- This is an informal, come and go event. Stop by at anytime during this window.
- You will be able to meet your teacher, see your classroom, and drop off supplies.
- The specials areas teachers (Music, PE, and Art) will also be available to visit.
- You can stop by the library to meet the librarian and see all we have to offer.
- We will have computers set up to fill out your Free and Reduced Lunch Applications.
Meet the Teacher
Thursday, Aug 10, 2023, 05:00 PM
Caldwell Elementary School, Picadilly Drive, Round Rock, TX, USA
- Make sure your student is ready for the 1st day of school. Here is our school supply list.
- If you need help with getting supplies, please contact our social worker, Ms. Scott or our counselor, Ms. Johnson by calling the front office at 512-594-6400.
- Please purchase a reusable water bottle for your student to bring to school with them each day. This is important to help your child stay hydrated throughout the day.
Our School Day
7:15 Doors Open
7:35 Tardy Bell
2:50 Dismissal (All Grade Levels)
First Day of School
- Tuesday, August 15th.
- Students should be inside their classrooms by 7:35am. The building will open at 7:15am.
- Parents may walk students to their classroom on this one day. Beginning the second day of school, parents will say goodbye to their students outside of the building.
- All visitors must exit the building by 7:40 unless they are receiving help in the front office.
- Ensure that your child's teacher knows how they will be getting home from school.
- Pack your child a lunch or put money in your child's lunch account (link at bottom).
- There will be a lot of traffic the first week of school. Please plan plenty of time and show patience as we work to get everyone safely to and home from school.
- The school building will open at 7:15am each morning.
- Parents and family members are not allowed into the school building during morning drop off. We ask that you say goodbye to your children in the car or outside of the building and allow them to walk in independently. We have staff members stationed along the hallways to make sure everyone makes it to their classroom safely.
- On the first day of school we will place a colored tag on your child's backpack. Please help us keep this on. It will help us get your child to the correct location for the first few weeks of school.
- If you need to speak with someone when you drop your child off, please enter through the front doors by the playground and go to the front office. Staff members will be able to assist you there.
- If you use the car line to drop your student off, please do not get out of your vehicle. Please practice unbuckling with your child so that they are independent in exiting the car. We will have staff members there to greet all students and ensure they make it safely into the building.
- When dropping off in the car line, please pull as far forward as possible and have your child exit the car at the numbered space. We will unload at all spaces, 1-9.
- If you choose to park and walk your student to the building, please make sure you are in a designated parking space and use the crosswalk when crossing the street.
- We prefer parents to stay in their car to pick up their child in the afternoon. Be prepared for the line to move a little slow at first. However, after the first couple of days, the car line will begin to move smoothly and this will be a faster option for getting your child.
- Walk-up parents should either walk from their home or park on the Fitzgerald side of the building. This reduces foot traffic across the main crosswalk and allows our car line to move when needed.
- If you do choose to walk up to get your student, you must wait behind the cones. It is very unsafe to have parents walking into the grade level lines to grab students. We must ensure that we know when each student is getting picked up.
- Please make sure you put your car dismissal tag with your student’s name on your dash each day. If you walk up, you should hold the dismissal tag in front of you until your student is brought to you. Bringing your dismissal sign daily is essential to the dismissal process moving faster.