PACT for Prevention
By: Darneshia Daniels
- Get Folic Acid every day.
- See a healthcare professional regularly
Avoid harmful substances
Drinking alcohol during pregnancy can cause miscarriage, stillbirth, and a range of lifelong physical, behavioral, and intellectual disabilities.
- Avoid smoking cigarettes, marijuana, and other "street drugs"
- Prevent Infections
Choose a Healthy lifestyle
- Keep diabetes under control
- strive to reach and maintain a healthy weight
Talk with your healthcare provider
- Talk to a healthcare provider about taking any medications
- Talk to a healthcare provider about vaccinations (shots)