September 7-September 11
Construction for Classroom Addition to Begin Next Week
Six Classroom Addition
Thurs. Sept. 3rd-Fences Go Up
Tues. Sept. 8th-Excavation Begins
Estimated Completion-Ready for 16-17 school year
Changes in Building:
- End of F Hallway not used as an exit.
- Follow Construction Evacuation Plans from this point forward.
- C Hallway Breezeway not used as an exit.
- Breezeway is CLOSED.
- All workers are not using our restrooms. If you see them doing this, contact Doug or Melissa.
- Workers outside should have hard hat with name, vest, and blue 3 leaf clover on it. If not wearing this, report to Doug and Melissa.
- Workers shouldn't need to be inside the building, but if they are they will wear an WSD Construction ID and sign into the office.
First PBIS Reteach Lesson
The PBS data team met this past week and reviewed our office discipline referrals for the month of August. Based on our data, we need to re-teach respectful behavior on the bus with an emphasis on voice level and language. Please spend a few minutes in a class meeting on Tuesday, September 8 RE-TEACHING the expectations of being respectful on the bus.
The PowerPoint where this lesson can be accessed is on the online binder under the PBIS tab>Lessons>click the link>click the About tab> scroll down to Reteaching Bus Expectations.
Is your growth plan submitted in Iobservation?
There is a "How To" in the online binder if you need a refresher!
Do you need extra help with students? If so, click below and sign up for help from Megan and Heather.
Here's the latest update regarding SRI:
1) Student rosters have been updated and imported into SRI.
2) David has created teacher accounts in SAM (the management side of SRI) for each teacher that has students using SRI.
Logging into SAM:
Username: firstnamelastname (johnsmith)
Password: Wsd##### (where the ##### is the teacher’s copy code or employee id number)
David created teacher accounts for a couple reasons:
...To allow buildings to add students when they need to add students, rather than waiting for another import to occur. Periodic updates to SRI will not be done this school year.
...To allow teachers to have access to student level reports on demand, rather than waiting for a paper report to be delivered to them.
Adding students into SAM:
- Student ID and username should be the same. You can find the username in SISK12.
- The password is a student’s lunch pin. You can find this in SISK12
- Make sure the first name and last name are the same as they are listed in SISK12.
- Please do not use nicknames, and please make sure the first and last name are in capital letters.
Finally, I will be the contact person in our building and will serve as the "SRI go to person." As the contact person I will assist you with any questions or issues regarding SRI. I can also help add students into SAM, if you need help.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Community Awareness Week- Tuesday, September 8-September 11
The Week Ahead...
Monday, Sept. 7
1:15 Choir sings The National Anthem at Cards/Cubs game
Tuesday, Sept. 8
9:00 Office Meeting
PBIS Reteach Lesson-See Above
Wednesday, Sept. 9
3:40 Grade Chair Meeting
Thursday, Sept. 10
3-5 Collaboration in the Collaboration Room
3:30- 4:15- Choir Rehearsal
Friday, Sept. 11
Kdg and 3rd Lion's Den Shopping Day
Use this as a spot to shout out the great things happening in our building. Brag on a teammate or thank a teammate. Fill yourself up with pride by reading all the great things happening at LVE. Help spread positivity...