Heaven Is A Playground
By: Rick Talender -- 256 Pages
Why I read it.
If it were a life or death situation, would it be a good read?
3 Things I Loved
1. The topic of basketball and the history described in this book.
2. Describes the lives of the real individuals in this book.
3. Isn't censored and isn't afraid to show the harsh realities that most people involved in the making of this book faced.
2 Things I Didn't Like About This Book.
1. I wish there could've been a bit more back drop on the past, even though it wasn't really needed.
2. The book actually had to end...
"The true object of all human life is play. Earth is a taskgraden; heaven is a playground."
- Books Introduction
This quote lays the whole meaning for this book before it even begins. Throughout all the bad things that the people in this book go through, day in and day out, basketball is their scape goat. It's a game, a piece of heaven, they use to get through their "hells."
I would definitely recommend this book to others. Those who like basketball and its realities in the urban culture. This book is non-fiction and covers everything related with it very, very well. One of the top 3 best books I've ever read.