Middle School Update
October 21, 2021
إمكانية الوصول - Accessibility - Accesibilidad - Accesibilidad
Please view this in your browser to access translations and ADA compliant formatting.
Vea esto en su navegador para acceder a las traducciones y al formato compatible con ADA.
Por favor, veja isso em seu navegador para acessar traduções e formatação compatível com ADA.
--------------------------------------يرجى عرض هذا في المستعرض الخاص بك للوصول إلى الترجمات والتنسيق المتوافق مع ADA
STEM Week with Mass Academy of Math & Science
Tutoring opportunities with Massachusetts Academy of Math & Science
Roles and Responsibilities of AKF Students:
Commit to participating in a one hour tutor session at the same time each week
Will attend the tutoring session motivated to improve in school and use time effectively
Roles and Responsibilities of AKF Parents:
Will read the followup email from MA Academy tutor that will be sent at the end of each tutoring session
Support AKF student in attending their scheduled tutoring session each week
Dress Down Day: There will be a dress down day for students on this Friday, October 22. Students may dress out of uniform for $1. Clothing needs to be school appropriate by covering the full torso from mid-thigh up through the shoulders for all students. Clothing should not contain inappropriate or offensive words or images.
Half Day: Wednesday, October 27th is a half-day for students. Dismissal begins at 10:35. There are no lunches served on half days. Teachers will be participating in professional development as well as reviewing district wide safety protocols.
District Wide News
Social Emotional Learning Survey: You should have also received an email from Ms. Paluk regarding our work with Social Emotional Learning. Students in the middle school will be taking the survey over the two weeks. This information will help us know how to better meet our students' Social and Emotional need so that they can better access thier learning.
Over the next week, all students will participate in a classroom based lesson on bullying. The goals of this lesson are to help students understand what bullying is, identify examples and non-examples of bullying and learn what they can do as a target, a bystander or a person who bullies.
Some of the initiatives PTO hopes to accomplish this year includes:
- Build a stronger parent community for the school
- Provide activities that promote kindness
- Provide social opportunities for students and families
- Raise funds to support events at the middle school
Some activities currently planned:
- Friday, October 29th- Spirit day- students can stay after to make posters for the High school football game.
- November 1-12- Change Challenge- Homerooms will collect change in a friendly competition for dress down days and ice cream parties.
The PTO is also looking for anyone who like to hold an office such as President, Vice-President, Secretary or Treasure. You do not need to hold a position to be an important part of the middle school PTO.
If interested in running for an office, please email Amy Puliafico email@example.com
- Attendance will be established by October 22. We are unable to handle drop ins at this time while we ensure we have enough adult supervision and space for students signing up.
- Permission slips must be returned by October 22 to remain in a club.
- If payment of fees is preventing your child from participating, please call or email Ms. Puliafico to create a plan.
- Please plan to be here for pick up between 3:05-3:15.
- Pick up is held in the back parking lot for now in order to keep New Bond St. clear for the Elementary Busses.