CHS Weekly Update
Welcome Back Students!
First Day Procedures!
Students who arrive to school prior 8:25am will enter through the main gym at checkpoint. Ninth and tenth grade students will remain in the gym and eleventh and twelfth grade students will go to the cafeteria. Students arriving to school after 8:25 will enter through the front entrance of the school. Students who have all their supplies will be dismissed to class at 8:25. Students who need to pick up their supplies will pick those items up from the gym at 8:25 and will go to class when they have received them. Teachers make sure that all students in your classes are active in Skyward. Let's help students find their way to class by being present in the hallways during passing periods. Many of our Freshman and Sophomores will need assistance in finding their classes.
First Week Ideas!
Students don't care how much you know until they know how much you care. Staff take this week to build relationships with students and set expectations in your classes. Some ideas: Ice-breakers, allow students' input on class rules and consequences, go over procedures and routines quiz students on it for extra credit, assign classroom buddies. These are merely suggestions for those who are looking for ideas.
Relationships: the Tool That Was Never Taught | Dominique Smith | TEDxYouth@ASFM
This week events:
- Monday- First day of school for students
- Tuesday-JV and Varsity Volleyball Game vs. Madison, IL. (away @ 4:30 and 6:00pm)
- Wednesday-Personnel Committee Meeting @ 5:00pm
- Thursday-College and Career Day: Wear college or career paraphernalia
- Friday-School Pride: Wear CHS colors, Varsity Football Game vs. Alton High School @ 7:00pm
- Saturday-JV South 7 Tourney in Carbondale @ 9:00am