St. Barnabas Elementary School
Just a few reminders..
- School will be closed on Wednesday, November 24th through Friday, November 26th for Thanksgiving Break. After school will be in session on Tuesday, November 23rd. Please be mindful of pick-up time.
- ALL students may dress down in their Thanksgiving best on Tuesday, November 23rd.
- We are actively looking to hire PK aides, school monitors and qualified substitute teachers for our K-8 classrooms. If you know of anyone in your network who may be interested/ have any family or friends who may be retired school teachers looking to return back to the classroom, please have them reach out directly to Mrs. Cruz and Ms. Iorio with their resume at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- As the 1st quarter has come to an end and parents have had the opportunity to meet with teachers, we will be extending invitations to parents and guardians by grade level to meet and greet with the new leadership team here at Saint Barnabas School. Please be sure to check your email for an invitation over the next two to three weeks. Meet and Greet sessions will begin on November 29th.
- Our school spirit store is open!! As a reminder, spirit wear can be worn any day that your child(ren) have physical education. A link to the shop can be found here: https://www.liebmansuniforms.com/ecommerce/sbs/st.-barnabas-spirit-store.html
- Flu season is upon us! As per the NY Department of Health, it is a requirement that all PK-FA and 3K-FA children receive an Influenza vaccine between July 1 and December 31 of the current school year. Flyers are attached below in the PK section of this newsletter.
Monday is the last day to donate to our school THANKSGIVING FOOD DRIVE! Full class participation earns your child's class a FREE dress down day when we return from break.
For our new families, SBES has collected cans of vegetables, gravy jars, boxes of pasta, stuffing and cereals, etc. for the needy in our community. Through the generosity of our families, our Main Lobby is always filled with baskets of food as we "Stop and Give Thanks" for all our blessings and help those less fortunate!
As the COVID vaccine has now become readily available for children ages 5 to 11, we would ask that you use the following link to record your child's vaccination record. While you are not obligated to share your child's vaccination status, this information will help us move forward with potential larger gatherings, contact tracing and even lunch in the cafeteria. Thank you for your continued efforts to keep our community and school safe.
- If your child is going to be absent, please contact the teacher and the main office directly. Additionally, all PK absences should be reported to our UPK admin, Mrs. Rivera, at email@example.com. A complete list of all teachers and their email addresses, should you need them, can be found on the school website. Upon return, an absence note is required. The complete absence policy can be seen below.
- On Sunday, you will receive a Google Health Survey. Please complete the form either Sunday evening or Monday morning BEFORE your child(ren) arrive to school. There will be one form for PreK and one form for K-8. Each child must have a form completed. Please scroll down for more details.
- Pre-k parents should scroll down to see the weekly newsletter for their child's class along with the lunch menu for November AND December.
Should you need to reach me for anything, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (718) 324-1088.
24th to 26th - School Closed for Thanksgiving Break!
10th - No School for PK students (this is an adjustment from our initial school calendar)
17th - 11:30AM Dismissal K-8, Full day of School for PK!
22nd - After school will NOT be in session.
23rd to 31st - School closed for Christmas Break!
Please use the link below to access the newsletters for the week of November 15th.
All PK absence emails should be sent to your child's teacher and our UPK admin, Mrs. Rivera (email@example.com).
Physicals and Immunizations
As a reminder, every student must have an updated physical on file each school year. ALL students must have up-to-date immunization records and a physical exam form completed each school year. For convenience, all forms are linked below. Please note that all NYC Pre-K students, under the age of 5 by December 31, 2021, will need to have a current flu vaccine on file. For those students that require an inhaler, or other medications such as an epipen, to be administered in school, I have linked the medical administration forms.
COVID Weekly Health Screening
Each week you will be required to complete the Weekly Health Self-Screening Google Form on behalf of your child(ren) before entering the school building Monday mornings.
Surveys should be completed Sunday evening or Monday mornings by 7am.
Lunch at SBES- Kindergarten- Grade 8
St. Barnabas Elementary School has partnered with Division Food Service Management and MySchoolAccount.com for the managing of our lunch pre- order service and payments for the 2021-2022 school year. Please see the attached Parent Welcome Letter for more information on how to place your order. (Student Id numbers are provided from the vendor) If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to Nicole Cestra at the email listed below: Nicole@Division-Hospitality.Com or 646-523-2028.
The November AND December lunch schedule for UPK students has been posted below.
NEW students- please call Nicole to assist with your account set up.
Parent Referral Incentive:
The following credit will be applied to the referring Parent’s 2021-22 Smart Tuition account and will appear on the family’s February billing statement:
· A one-time tuition credit of $250 for each new family registered in Full-Day Pre-K 3 or 4 (not UPK) and Grades K-8, for any referring Parent whose outreach and referral efforts result in a new family registering their child(ren) at any Regional School in the Archdiocese of New York in Full-Day Pre-K 3 or 4 (not UPK) and Grades K-8 for the 2021-22 school year and remaining in good standing with the school through February 1, 2022.
· The referring Parent must
o Refer the prospective family to the school for a virtual meeting with the school principal, or his/her designee, and
o Complete and sign this referral form on or before the time of the virtual meeting with the principal to initiate the referral process. Referral forms received after the virtual meeting will not be accepted.
· The prospective family must be NEW to the school in Grades K-8, OR have a student enrolled on a full time basis in a Pre K (non UPK) program; returning families are not covered by this Program.
· The referral credit for the referring Parent will be applied to their tuition bill in time for the February billing statement provided that:
o The new family’s child has continued to be enrolled in the school through February 1, 2022, and
o The referring family has remained current on their tuition payments.
Follow Us On Social Media
St. Barnabas Church Corner
St. Barnabas Elementary School
Through an enriched curriculum, complete with after-school offerings, St. Barnabas provides the tools and teaches the skills necessary for future success. In the way of Jesus, our children are taught the discipline, charity and grace of our Lord.