The Dolphin Echo
Families: Monday, April 19, 2021
I can't believe we've now been back for two weeks! It has been wonderful to see them learning and having fun. If at any time you decide you would like your child to start coming back to school in person, just give the office a call and we can make it happen!
Drop-off and pick-up have been going very smoothly--thank you all for driving carefully and picking kids up in their respective zones. Please remember to not come early to drop off students as we are not able to let in students before 7:45 am.
The daily health screener needs to be completed before the school day begins. I will continue to send you a reminder each morning at 7 am. We will be following up with families who have not completed the screener in Parent Square. See below for more information or links to sign -up for Parent Square. Parent Square is the primary way for the school to communicate with you.
Lastly, do not send your students to school if they are not feeling well. If your students arrive to school feeling sick and exhibit any COVID symptoms they will be escorted to the isolation tent and you will be called to pick them up. Once they are escorted from the classroom it will be cleared and disinfected to keep the other classmates safe and healthy.
DAILY HEALTH SCREENER IN PARENT SQUARE
Parent Square can also be accessed on a computer/Chromebook. Here is the link: https://www.parentsquare.com/signin
This step is required each in-person day for your students and you cannot send students without completing this! Please call us if you need help!
attendance & absence reminders
- Attendance for students is required daily. This is for both in-person learning and online learning.
- We are seeing a huge number of absences on days where students are not in person with their teacher. Please make sure your student interacts with their teacher every single day and completes work online if they are learning from home. This is part of the daily attendance that the teachers are taking.
- Anytime your student is going to be absent - either in person or online - please give us a call. This is so we can clearly document the reason for the absence. It also helps us so that we do not call you about absences later on in the day.
- Remember that even if a student may be absent for a portion of the day, they can still complete work.
- Please try to limit scheduling family events, appointments, errands, or other tasks during school hours - 8AM-12:20PM Monday-Friday
drop off & pick up
Drop Off in the Morning
- Students can be dropped off as early as 7:45AM and we ask that you do your best to arrive before 8AM.
- When dropping off, please drive up along the curb and have your student get out on the curb side.
- It is helpful if they are ready to get out as you pull up.
Pick Up in the Afternoon
- KA & K students have the option to be picked up at the front of the school at 11:20AM. If they are not picked up at 11:20AM then they will stay in our KinderCare program from 11:20-12:20PM.
- 1st-6th graders get out at 12:20PM and arrive to their respective pick-up locations as soon as possible.
- Due to COVID-19 and guidance from Public Health, we cannot have any parents getting out of their cars during pick up.
Reminder of drop-off/pick-up locations:
- Students in green group will be dropped off and picked up at the gate in the BACK of the school on New York Drive.
- Students in the purple group will be dropped off and picked up at the front of the school.
- Students in the blue group will be dropped off and picked up at the front of the school through the main entrance near the school office.
- Students in the red group will be dropped off and picked up at the front of the school at the far end of the parking lot (large gate between the MPR and portables).
- All students that ride the bus will be dropped off at the front of the school at the bus drop-off zone then they will follow their color group line to their classroom.
Please know we are doing our best to get students into cars and the line moving as fast we can. Thank you for working with us and being patient, flexible, and kind during this strange time of Hybrid Learning during a pandemic.
All families who have opted in for Hybrid (In Person) Learning should have read & understood the protocol and procedures related to students who display symptoms.
- Click HERE to review the COVID Handbook
Within this Handbook, it states that any student who shows symptoms or tells their teacher that they have symptoms will be isolated. This is standard protocol from Santa Rosa City Schools and Public Health as it is very important that we follow these guidelines to keep our entire school site safe.
I do want to mention that any time a student has symptoms on the symptom list above, they will need to do one of the following before returning to school. Again, this is all part of our district-wide policy and it is outlined in the COVID Handbook.
- get a negative COVID-19 test
- have a clearance to return to school from a Doctor - clearly stating that symptoms are not due to COVID
- wait out the 10 day isolation period
- All students who attend school on Wednesday will automatically be put into a school raffle and winners will be randomly chosen. Winners at each grade level will be announced on Fridays and students can come to pick out a toy of their choosing.
- All students with perfect attendance for a month will be put in a BIG raffle--again, winners are randomly chosen to receive a bigger prize.
HLES Talent Show
School will still be FIVE days a week. If you are hybrid--TWO days will be on-site, THREE through Zoom with additional work on Seesaw or Google Classroom.
If you are staying distance learning, you have classes all five days.
Resources for Parents
Password Hotline: 707-890-3777 If a District Chromebook is not working submit a help ticket through this link or call 707-890-3848
This link will take you to a flyer with numbers for crisis support, local mental health services, and other holtlines.