Mrs. Wagler's Class Newsletter
- use precise words to better understand the story.
- think about extraordinary (literary) language...what does it really mean?
- predict how the story will go, using what we know about other stories in the series.
- use the author's punctuation and special print to bring the story to life.
- use 4-square organizers to craft an opinion piece of their choosing.
- understand that multiplication is repeated addition.
- practice their math facts.
*Students may be asking to bring materials from home for their designs.
End of Year Testing
Second Grade Rocks!
O - Outside Day (We had math fact races outside).
N - No Bare Heads Allowed Day (Many wore hats to celebrate)!
D - Design, Draw, and Decorate (We decorated stars for Mr. Lawrence's birthday, designed signs for our lockers, and completed math fact coloring pages).
G - Game Day (We played Spelling Battleship and Telling Time Bingo).
R - Read Your Choice Day (We shared some of our favorite books brought from home - check it out below!) We also celebrated PJ day this day for earning compliments from staff.
Lifeskill of the Month: Motivation
Monday, May 29: No School
Thursday, June 1: Last Student Day
M - Art
T - Music
W - Wellness
Th - Computer Lab
F - Music