Alpine Middle School
What To Expect Today:
- Data Discussion: where are we and where should we go?
- Review DMAC & lead4ward as instructional planning guides
- TEKS resource system: curriculum break down & review
- Infusing academic vocabulary in your lessons
- Instructional Strategies & Best Practices
- Applying the Figure 19 Process Standard throughout (recall F2F training: go.esc18.net/f2felarhs1)
- Lesson Plan Time!
Living Document of Topics and "Aha Moments":
TEKS Resource System
Lesson Planning Reflective Questions:
How do we plan to?
communicate your expectations to students?
obtain evidence that students have demonstrated mastery/ understanding?
make the lessons relevant to the students?
include meaningful activities?
model the thinking required to accomplish the assignment?
the sequence or order your lesson should have for the most impact?
instructional groupings during this lesson?
provide differentiated instructional methods within your lesson?
the pacing of the lesson that provides opportunities for students to learn that progress at different rates?
ensure that instructional time is used efficiently and effectively throughout a lesson so that students remain engaged?
maintain focus on the learning objective throughout the lesson?
materials to use during the lesson?
activities to use during the lesson?
higher order questions during a lesson?
opportunities for all students to respond to questions?