COPHS Health Screening Volunteers
College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Students:
The annual COPHS Health Screening will be held on March 29, 2014, and we are looking for student volunteers to help us run the event!
We need volunteers to help at the following stations:
· Blood pressure assessments and weight/BMI counseling (P3, P4)
· Fingerstick station for blood glucose/cholesterol screening (P1-P4, PA1-PA2)
· Weight/BMI station (no counseling, performing the test only) (all grades)
· Osteoporosis screening and counseling (PA1-PA2, P1-P4)
· Cholesterol and diabetes screening results counseling (P2-P4)
· Runners to help guide patients from station to station (pre-Pharm, pre-PA)
· Check-in/Registration (pre-Pharm, pre-PA)
Please use the "SIGN UP NOW" link below to sign up and indicate your top three preferences for the event.
On the day of the Health Screening, volunteers must arrive by 7:30am and stay until the event is completed and all stations have been cleaned up (usually about 1:30pm). IPPE hours may be earned for volunteering. Be sure to bring your IPPE form to the event, and have it signed by a faculty supervisor.
There is a mandatory training session for all volunteers that will be held on March 24 at 5:30pm in PB150.
Meg Mayhew and Kelsey Mulverhill
BU COPHS Health Screening Volunteer Coordinators