Kids4Peace Camp NC - 2015
Together, peace is possible
- Founded in Jerusalem in 2002, KIDS4PEACE is a global movement of Jewish, Christian & Muslim youth, dedicated to ending conflict and inspiring hope in divided societies around the world.
- Through a network of local chapters, Kids4Peace operates five international summer camps and a six-year, year-round program for more than 250 Palestinian, Israeli and North American youth.
- Kids4Peace prepares youth to be interfaith leaders. We equip them with skills and practices to resist violence, influence others toward peace, and work together for lasting change.
- Kids4Peace spreads the message that “Together, Peace is Possible.” We are ambassadors of hope who challenge cynical voices and commit to creating a better future.
- Click here to learn more about Kids4Peace and their international youth leadership training programs.
About Kids4Peace NC 2015
- Kids4Peace Southeast Regional Camp is a 12-day residential camp taking place at Camp Kanuga in Hendersonville, NC from July 22nd - August 3rd, 2015.
- Kids4Peace seeks youth who are curious, open-minded, passionate about making a difference in the world, and eager to share about their lives, cultures and religious traditions with people who are different from them. Kids4Peace camps are the first step on a six-year "Pathway to Peace," designed to foster trust, respect and cooperation among diverse groups of youth, and to empower them with knowledge and skills to be global citizens and agents of change in their communities.
- Altogether, there will be approximately 36 campers attending Kids4Peace NC this summer: 18 from the Southeast Region (Western NC, Greater Atlanta, and Ohio) and 18 Israeli and Palestinian youth from Jerusalem.
- Though U.S. parents are encouraged contribute up to $1200 for the full cost of camp, camp is available at a sliding scale. We ask all families to make a personally-significant contribution toward that amount. However, because we want to be sure that all children who have a desire to attend camp and make peace have the opportunity to do so, parents' ability to pay for camp tuition is not a consideration in the selection process.
- The application process for Kids4Peace is selective, with consideration being given to creating a balance of representation of religious faiths and also the applicants' responses to reflection questions on the application.
- All applications should be submitted no later than February 15th. All applicants will be informed of acceptance decisions by early March.
Applying to Kids4Peace NC 2015
- The camp application can be found here: http://www.k4p.org/apply/
- Be sure to select "Southeast Regional Camp"
- Please submit your child's application and forward the Recommendation link to one non-family member who can personally recommend your child for the camp.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Lauren Rosenfeld (Kids4Peace alumni parent and sponsor of the Asheville Kids4Peace Chapter) at email@example.com or Josh Thomas, Executive Director of Kids4Peace at firstname.lastname@example.org.