Jumanji vs Zathura
By Chris Van Allsburg
Zathura picks up right where Jumanji left off. Two brothers, Danny and Walter Budwing, are always arguing and fighting. They come across a game board lying next to a tree in the park. On closer inspection of the game box, Jumanji, they find another game tucked inside. The "space adventure game" called Zathura, provides an out of this world escape for the brothers with challenges such as angry robots, gravity, aliens, and photon torpedoes! The brothers are forced to work together, to the point where they learn to rely on each other and get along! The game takes the older brother through a black hole, back in time, so that he can stop his brother from picking up the game.
Similarities and Differences Between the Stories
- They both take place in a house.
- They both find board games that take them into real-life dangerous situations.
- The only way the can get back to normal is to win the game!
- Parents left their kiddos home alone in both stories.
- In Jumanji there is a brother and sister and in Zathura it is two brothers.
- Jumanji takes place on Earth and Zathura takes place in space.
- In Jumanji, real life objects attack the kids and in Zathura, it was more fictional.