The Weekly Buzz
A Weekly Newsletter from Corner Middle School
VOLUME 4, NUMBER 20: October 2, 2022
CMS Begins Preparation for Annual Veteran's Day Celebration
From CMS Library Media Specialist, Mrs. Jennifer Harris . . .
This year our school will go back to having an in person Veteran's Day program. If you would like a personal invitation mailed to someone please email their name and address to Mrs. Harris firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the school office with the information and they will give it to Mrs. Harris 205-379-3230.
Our program will be held on November 10, 2022, with breakfast for Veterans and their families beginning at 7:00 AM, and the program beginning for students at 8:30 AM. We are asking students to wear patriotic colors on this day.
Please make plans to honor our Veterans at this very special event!
Please Note: There Will Be No Pep Rally Tomorrow, October 3, 2022.
Be Better Prepared for Flu Season
Looking Ahead . . . Monday, October 10, 2022, is an e-Learning Day for all Jefcoed Schools
CMS Calendar for the Week of October 3, 2022 - October 9, 2022
Monday, October 3, 2022
- Management Log Due to COB
- CMS Robotics Practice (7th/8th Grade) 3:00
- CMS Football at Hayden 5:00
- JV Football at Hayden 6:30
Tuesday, October 4, 2022
- Opportunity Day for HIGH SCHOOLS ONLY
- 5-8 Grade PBIS Meeting during Planning Time
- CMS Robotics Practice (5th/6th Grade) 3:00
- CMS Cross Country County Championship Meet at North Jefferson Middle School 3:30
- CHS Cross Country at Center Point
- CHS Volleyball at Briarwood Christian
Wednesday, October 5, 2022
- First Priority in Library 7:30
- CMS Cheerleading Practice 3:00
- PBIS Leadership Team Meeting 3:20
Thursday, October 6, 2022
- Jefcoed Board Meeting 10:00
- First Priority Leadership Team Meeting 2:30
- CMS Robotics Open Lab Day 3:00
- CMS Cross Country Practice 3:00
Friday, October 7, 2022
- End of First Quarter in Jefcoed Schools
- CMS 8th Grade to CHS 8:15
- CMS Cheerleading Practice 3:00
- Oak Grove at CHS Football (Homecoming)
Saturday, October 8, 2022
- Enjoy Your Day Doing Something for Yourself, with Family and Friends, at Home . . . or Do Nothing at All!
Sunday, October 9, 2022
- Enjoy Your Day Worshiping, Relaxing, and/or Having Fun with Family and Friends!
Looking Ahead to Important School Dates
In order to assist you with your planning, please make note of the following dates. Remember, however, dates for all events/activities are subject to change due to inclement weather, COVID-19 restrictions, or other events which may force cancellation or re-scheduling.
Monday, October 10, 2022 eLearning Day at CMS
Monday, October 10, 2022 Secondary COMP (Day #3) at COB 8:30-3:00
Monday, October 10, 2022 Input PLP Evidence into Teaching Effectiveness
Monday, October 10, 2022 PBIS Virtual Meeting 8:00-11:30
Monday, October 10, 2022 Content Area NIC Meetings 1:00-3:00
Monday, October 10, 2022 Athletic Department Meeting
Monday, October 10, 2022 CMS Football at Oak Grove 5:00
Monday, October 10, 2022 Corner Theatre Academy Booster Meeting 6:00
Monday, October 10, 2022 JV Football at Oak Grove 7:00
Tuesday, October 11, 2022 7th and 8th Grade PST
Wednesday, October 12, 2022 PLA (Faculty CIP Review)
Wednesday, October 12, 2022 National Stop Bullying Day
Thursday, October 13, 2022 Check PLPs for Evidence
Tuesday, October 13, 2022 5th and 6th Grade PST
Thursday, October 13, 2022 Jefcoed Board Committee Meeting 10:00
Friday, October 14, 2022 Career Day at CMS
Friday, October 14, 2022 CHS Football at Curry 7:00
Saturday, October 15, 2022 CHS Marching Band at Pinson Valley Marching Festival
Saturday, October 15, 2022 Auburn at Ole Miss
Saturday, October 15, 2022 Alabama at Tennessee
Saturday, October 15, 2022 Charlotte at UAB
Saturday, October 15, 2022 Millsaps College at Birmingham-Southern
Saturday, October 15, 2022 Jacksonville State vs. UNA in Madison
Saturday, October 15, 2022 Texas State at Troy (HC)
Corner Middle School
Corner Middle School is committed to empowering our students as they build a foundation for college, career, and community success in a nurturing environment.
Our vision at Corner Middle School is to ensure our students are academically, emotionally, and socially prepared for challenges they may encounter in the next phases of their lives.
Corner Middle School believes we will accomplish our Mission and Vision in serving our community of learners by:
- Loving, encouraging, and inspiring our students and each other in our daily interactions.
- Utilizing highly-effective instruction and a challenging curriculum.
- Meeting the needs of diverse learners in order to prepare them for college and entry into a career pathway.
- Partnering with the community.
- Cultivating student leaders.
- Integrating technology into all areas of learning.