October 15, 2018
Positive Champion - Character Ed Assembly
Storybook Pumpkin Patch
The Alward Library is growing a storybook pumpkin patch, and we need your help! Students can decorate a pumpkin to look like a favorite storybook character and bring it to the library to “plant” in our Storybook Pumpkin Patch! See the attached document for all the details!
Enchanted Forest Book Fair
You can also pre-order copies of The Diary of a Wimpy Kid - The Meltdown. Pre-orders need to be turned in no later than Thursday Oct. 25. The book is $8.99 plus tax so the total is $9.53.Please see the attached order form below.
Art Room News!
I also want to let you know we will be painting Ottawa county snow plows this spring during art class, so when they see them rolling down the street at parades over the summer, they will see their artwork on the front of the plow.
Count on Me-Alward Students and Staff Making a Difference
- The Alward Parent-Teacher Club is looking for parents interested in helping with activities this year. We have lots of opportunities to help, and many are outside the school day. Please complete our quick, online Parent Profile and let us know what skills you can share and when you are availalble: https://tinyurl.com/AES1819ParentProfile
- Please join us for us next PTC meeting on Nov. 13 @ 7pm.
- Once again this year, the PTC will be providing dinners for teachers during Parent Teacher Conferences. We are looking for volunteers to help provide items for the dinners. Please sign up here if you are able to help!
- Did you know that we collect Family Fare Receipts? For every $150,000 in receipts that we turn in, our school earns $1000! We are about $20,000 away from getting our first check! All you have to do is send your receipts to school with your student and we will take care of the rest! It's that easy! Thank you for supporting our school!
- BOX TOPS - This week is our first box top classroom competition! We will be collecting box tops all week! The class that collects the most boxtops will win a doughnut party with their class! All box tops that will be counted for the competition must be turned in by Oct. 19.
Girls on the Run
The Program starts mid March and runs for 10 weeks. Girls meet after school at Alward. Please see the attached flier for all the details!
Registration Opens Nov. 1 - www.gotroac.org
We are still looking for a co-chair and coaches! If you are interested in being a co-chair or coach, please contact Carrie Dougherty @ email@example.com.
Wednesday, Oct. 17th, 9am
3811 Port Sheldon Street
Skating Party at Tarry Hall
Thursday, Oct. 18th, 6:30-8:30pm
3330 Fairlanes Avenue Southwest
Tuesday, Oct. 23rd, 5-6pm
3835 Baldwin Street
Turkey Trot details:
When: Tuesday, October 23
Where: Baldwin Street Middle School - Eagle Stadium
Time: Races begin at 5:00 PM, Gates open at 4:30 PM
Entry fee: $6.00 (includes a Turkey Trot shirt)
Family Literacy Night-Camping Out
Wednesday, Oct. 24th, 6-7:30pm
3811 Port Sheldon Street
RSVPs are enabled for this event.