Kutz Cougar Courier Times
KUTZ ELEMENTARY SCHOOL'S NEWSLETTER
October 2, 2020
Our first week back was GREAT!
From arrival to dismissal, and everything in between, students learned new routines and procedures. They are wearing their masks while on school grounds and take mask breaks each day. Social distancing is being practiced. Although our students need some gentle reminders to maintain appropriate spacing and walk following the directional arrows, we know this will become second nature as we settle in to our new routines. We are all learning together.
All of our students, Traditional, Hybrid, and Online, are working hard. They are engaged in their learning and continue to model our Kutz character traits of respect, responsibility, integrity, and perseverance.
We look forward to another great week and welcoming our Hybrid 1 students on Monday and Tuesday!
These are the dates each class will need the art supplies by:
- Tuesday, October 13- First day of art for Mrs. Eckenrode, Mr. Peterson, Mrs. Townsend, Mrs. Corcoran, Mrs. Sheridan, Mrs. C. Carroll, and Ms. Cunningham
- Monday, October 26- First day of art for Mrs. Kallelis, Mrs. Engel, Mrs. Zakuto, Mrs. Lere, Mrs. Jeffers, Mr. Geist, and Mrs. K. Carroll,
- Friday, November 6- First day of art for Mrs. Fuhrmeister, Mrs. Matthews, Ms. MacNeill, and Mrs. Abato
Kutz Photo Gallery
Students are expected to be logged on virtually daily and present for daily instruction - both synchronous (LIVE) and asynchronous instruction. Children will be expected to attend all elements of the school day, unless they have an excused absence (i.e. illness, appointment). It is important to understand that attendance is mandatory for all students per the compulsory attendance laws of Pennsylvania. Attendance will be taken each school day. Students that are not logged on at the start of class will be marked absent or tardy if they arrive late to their virtual class.
If your child will not be able to attend school virtually or needs to miss part of the day for an appointment, parents need to email firstname.lastname@example.org. Email is strongly preferred but if you are unable to email the school, please call the school attendance line at 267-893-3900.
Health Check Reminder
1. Please monitor your child daily for fever and/or other signs of COVID-19. Be sure to keep students home if they have one of the following symptoms –cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new lack of smell or taste; or two of the following symptoms – fever, sore throat, runny nose/congestion, chills, muscle pain, nausea or vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and fatigue.
2. Students with fever/symptoms/with no known COVID-19 exposure may return to school when asymptomatic and fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication; or confirmation of alternative diagnosis by health care provider.
3. Families are required to report confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19 to the School Nurse.
4. Students who exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19 during the school day will be placed in isolation and masked until arrangements are made for dismissal.
5. Students with positive COVID-19 test may return to school after 10 days have passed since the symptoms first appeared and being fever-free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication. The student will need to produce the Isolation Release Letter from the Bucks County Department of Health.
6. Students returning after COVID-19 infection will be checked by the School Nurse prior to returning to the classroom.
7. If a student is exposed to a person with a positive COVID- 19 test, the student will have to quarantine for 14 days. If the student becomes symptomatic, they will be treated as a positive COVID-19 case and will need to isolate at home for 10 days from the date that the symptoms began.
Breakfast and Lunch
At the Elementary level a meal consisting of an entrée meeting grain and protein requirements, fresh fruit, fresh vegetable, and a milk will be offered at no cost at this time. Grab-and-go breakfast will be also available to all students at no cost at this time.
You can access the CB breakfast and lunch menus on the district webpage found here, Oct. Menus. Below you will find our grade level lunch schedule.
News from the Nurse
Yoga and Exercise Videos
District Health and Safety Plan
Daily School Hours
Elementary School B (Kutz)
- Grades 1-6: 8:50 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- AM Kindergarten: 8:50 a.m. – 11:10 a.m.
- PM Kindergarten: 12:10 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
DAILY SCHEDULE – ONLINE-ONLY
The daily schedule for ALL CBSD elementary schools (A/B/C schools) will be as follows. This schedule is in effect only for those students enrolled in the online-only program model. (This schedule is similar to the “Virtual Learning Schedules” distributed to families on Friday, September 11.)
- Grades 1-6: 9 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.
Student Directory 2019-2020
Kutz Student/Parent Handbook
Below is the Kutz Parent and Student Handbook. This handbook provides a comprehensive summary of school and district policies and programs for students and their families. We hope you will find this to be a valuable resource.
*We are in the process of updating the handbook for the 2020-2021 school year. This will be shared soon.
"Free" Money for KUTZ !!!
At no extra cost to you, you can help us raise money while you shop!
Please take a few minutes to review the below options and sign up, so Kutz will get the maximum benefit from each company's donations! Ask your neighbors and family members to sign up too!
How Can I Contribute?
Shop with Amazon Smile!
Turn your Amazon purchases into donations to Kutz by using Amazon Smile! Amzon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible Amazon Smile purchases to Kutz!
Shop at GIANT
The more you shop the more money Kutz makes. Please follow the directions attached to register your GIANT card and start benefitting Kutz TODAY!