November 20, 2015
Top Ten Reasons I am Thankful for This Class...
2. Think nothing of extracting a mouse skull from an owl pellet and become so excited that they get to take the bones home.
3. Brave enough to hold a tarantula.
3. Can't wait for Daily 3 so they can write or dive back into their book.
4. Always excited to discuss the next chapters in our small group book.
5. Wonderful collaborators!
6. So full of curiosity and their love of learning!
7. They are soooooooo creative!
8. The kindness they show toward each other
9. Enthusiasm for everything...well, except those spelling pages. :)
10. They make my job a ton of fun each and every day!
Fifth Grade Bake Sale Next Week!
Fifth Grade will be sponsoring a bake sale that will benefit the end of the year celebration. It will take place next week-Monday and Tuesday. Thank you so much to all of you who have volunteered to bake something! Parents can drop off their baked goods in the office on Monday afternoon anytime before .
Fun Learning This Week...
Social Studies-After finishing up our human body unit, we are moving back to social studies and will be studying one of my favorite units-Explorers! I'm so excited and can't wait to get started!
Writing-We will be writing and sharing some fun Thanksgiving poetry this week and will return to the district writing assessment after Thanksgiving break.
Reading-Finishing up main idea using our Mummies book. In small groups students are either reading Tiger Rising by Kate DiCamillo (One of my all time favorite books to discuss with kids.) or Among the HIdden which is also a fantastic book to discuss!
Spelling-No Spelling this week, but the list will be sent home on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving in case they want to study after eating turkey. :)
Math-Start Topic 8
Science and Social Studies Meet
Look at this deer heart!!!!
A big thank you to Zane's dad for donating this deer heart in the name of science. Look at all those girls! I am so proud of them!
What a sweet looking Viking!
Congratulations to Mallory and Tsidk for becoming our Spelling Bee Representatives!
The Essential 55
One of my favorite innovative educators has come up with 55 essential things one must do to be a good person. We will be focusing on several of these in our classroom.
This past week and next week-Essential #1
Surprise others by performing random acts of kindness. Go out of your way to do something surprisingly kind and generous for someone.
Reminder-Items Needed: Headphones and an old sock or rag
Grill Day Tuesday!
We will also be doing our Growth and Development video and talk with the nurse on Tuesday morning.
I will be at another district meeting Monday afternoon from 12-4