Miss Tigges's 2nd Grade Newsletter
April 8, 2016
A Few Announcements & Resources...
- Please remember to send your child to school with a light coat during these spring rainy and windy days. Many students have come to school this week with just a sweatshirt, which is not enough to keep the kids warm during our lunch recess at 11:10 AM. When in doubt, please send your child with a light coat.
- We are finishing our learnings on community & cultures this week. The students wanted me to share some of the resources we've explored online so they could continue exploring the resources at home. Please share with them and enjoy! :)
- Music Around the World
- Dance Around the World
- Time for Kids Around the World
- Classrooms Around the World
- Birthdays Around the World
- Animal Noises Around the World
Our class enjoyed participating in MARCH MADNESS last week out of celebration for every single student meeting either an academic or behavior goal during the month of March!
Reading (Written by Jackson)
Hi! My name is Jackson! In reading we are working on compare V.S contrast.Compare
is where you see what's the same about two things.Contrast is where you see what's
different about two things.
Spring PBIS Assembly Fun...
Graham and Adithi selected to participate in the 2nd grade game!
Rahul showing off our WINNING torch! Miss Tigges's class wins the grade competition for the second time in a row. :)
Adithi shooting her ball during the game!
Social Studies (Written by Trevor)
In Social Studies, we have been learning about different cultures. A culture is a group of people that have like traditions, beliefs, or religions. We watched this video in class! Look at all the different cultures shown!
Tim McGraw - Humble And Kind (Official Video)
- April 11--PTO Meeting in Library 7:00 pm
- April 13--WD Night at Buffalo Wild Wings
- April 20--Early Dismissal @ 1:40 PM
- April 23--WD Family Fun Day